At Airtable, we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything.” Building a remarkable team is a top-level company priority as we execute on this vision, and we need a world-class Accounting function to make it happen! This is a unique opportunity to be part of the founding Accounting team where you will have an incredible impact on how we achieve our goals with hands-on support to our Airtable team and customers.
This role is the lead Technical Accountant on the cross-functional deal desk team. In this capacity you will collaborate with Sales Account Execs, Sales Operations and Legal to reduce deal cycle times while also optimizing customer deal architecture and ensuring we achieve proper revenue recognition.
What you'll do
- You’ll participate in the contract review process, including interpreting contract arrangements, understanding the revenue recognition implications and, as needed, propose appropriate deal structuring and contract wording to ensure proper and reasonable accounting treatment.
- You’ll co-author with Sales Operations and Legal a deal desk playbook and ensure Airtable has clear positions and approvals for negotiated deal terms to help speed deal close times.
- You’ll serve as a collaborative business partner to the Sales Operations and Accounting teams for the timely and proper recording of customer orders, invoices and related Deferred and recognized Revenue.
- You’ll assist with the implementation and ongoing updates of Airtable’s ASC 606 Revenue Recognition policy.
- You’ll assist with the preparation and review of Airtable’s external financial statements and disclosures related to all revenue and related areas.
- You’ll participate in and collaborate with cross functional teams when Airtable is launching new products to advise on revenue recognition matters.
- You’ll propose policy, procedures, and systems improvements; particularly deal desk and order-related.
- You’ll draft and maintain process documentation for the deal desk and order process.
- You’ll execute on ad hoc projects as requested
Who you are
- You are a CPA and have at least 5 years of relevant accounting experience, including a minimum of 3 years of public accounting including revenue section responsibilities.
- You have deep, applied experience with GAAP accounting; including specifically ASC 606.
- You have specific SaaS revenue recognition experience and strong capabilities researching, analyzing, documenting and applying technical accounting matters.
- You have experience with customer deal structuring, including non-standard customer contract terms, and related accounting ramifications
- You have experience with revenue related external reporting responsibilities for a publicly traded company
- You have first-hand experience interacting with external parties, including auditors
- Experience with global companies is a strong plus
- Preferred: SOX experience, and systems experience with Salesforce, Workday, Mode and/or similar systems.
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend during COVID
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!