At Airtable, we believe exceptional Customer Support is critical to our customer’s success. Customer Support has the power to delight and retain customers, support account expansion and lead identification, increase our customer’s sophistication, enable product adoption, and catalyze customer-focused product development.
As a Customer Support Manager at Airtable, you will help grow the Enterprise Support team to deliver exceptional white glove experiences at scale in close partnership with our Customer Success team. You will work with Managers and Leads on your team to inspire Customer Support Advocates to take action in alignment with core company objectives while reinforcing a strong distributed team culture, and creating responsive talent management systems.
An ideal candidate will have honed people management skills, experience scaling a SAAS Support offering, worked proactively with operations and product partners in response to customer insights, and have demonstrated experience expanding their team’s services with premium or international offerings. Candidates may be remote within the U.S.
What you'll do
- Define Airtable’s approach to delivering white glove support to Enterprise-plan customers. Partner with Customer Success and Implementation Specialists to create a cohesive well-informed experience.
- Develop the Enterprise Support team structure and forward looking staffing plans to support our service delivery vision.
- Partner with your management team to manage talent, develop healthy distributed team norms, and create processes to deliver consistent high quality product support.
- Work across the organization to execute on key company initiatives and Customer Support OKRs. In the near term this includes helping set the strategy for Airtable’s international growth and Premium Support offerings.
- Work strategically with Support Operations and other Customer Support Managers to maximize customer outcomes and improve team efficiency through data-driven experimentation.
- Ensure your team is set up with the tools and resources they need to help customers through each new product release. Iteratively invest in customer support excellence.
- Synthesize user insights and partner cross-functionally to advocate for Product, Marketing, and Self Serve improvements to reduce ticket volume and improve our customer’s experiences.
Who you are
- You have 8+ years of professional experience leading a strong Support practice within a fast-paced environment or SaaS organization. You lead effectively in a dynamic, rapidly changing, and fast-paced environment.
- You have experience directly managing a high performing distributed team.
- You lead by example with a learning mindset and people-first attitude.
- You are passionate about delivering impactful and reliable customer experiences. You solve problems strategically with consideration for people, systems, and processes.
- You have helped your team expand its presence internationally, developed a premium support offering, implemented a new channel, or rethought team structure to enable your advocates.
- You are a first principles thinker, able to clearly communicate your viewpoint verbally and in writing based on experience, data, and logic. You have strong analytical skills.
- You are passionate and enthusiastic about Airtable!
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend during COVID
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!