At Airtable we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything.” Unlike single-purpose apps, Airtable is a toolkit composed of intuitive building blocks that people can repurpose to create their own applications.
The quality engineering team specializes in functional, automation, load and performance testing of our web and mobile applications. QE is part of the engineering organization and owns our testing tools, frameworks and environments.
We’re looking for an engineering manager to help scale our team and our product to support more collaborative use cases and to become a complete end to end low code platform for users of all technical abilities.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of automation engineers and analysts, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for the QE team
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with the recruiting team
- Manage multiple cross functional projects, allocate resources, track progress and metrics
- Implement lightweight processes to help the team scale and be productive, while allowing for agility to accommodate the dynamic environment that we operate in. You’ll also partner with engineering leaders to do the same across the engineering org
- Nurture a team of passionate and capable engineers, partner with senior engineers to multiply their impact, and coach & grow early-career engineers
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of management experience managing a team of 8+ QE/SDET engineers
- You have 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership experience in quality engineering practices, test automation and CI/CD
- You have experience in manual and automated test planning and execution including building modern test frameworks and infrastructure
- You work well cross-functionally, and are comfortable making hard decisions and trade-offs
- You lead by example, are hands-on and are passionate about quality
- You are able to work well under pressure and able to shift priorities as needed
- You are passionate about recruiting and growing diverse teams of engineers.
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!