Airtable is looking for an experienced Support Engineering Manager who cares deeply about creating exceptional customer experiences and delivering actionable internal Product and Engineering feedback.
As a Customer Support Engineering Manager at Airtable, you will help grow one of our newest Customer Support teams to unblock our customers’ most technical use-cases. Day to day your team will be responsible for communicating with customers around escalated issues, assessing the impact of those issues, partnering with Engineering on resolution, and providing direct Customer Support to Airtable’s developer community.
The right leader will build and manage a diverse team, supporting them with their professional development through mentorship and coaching. To succeed in this role candidates will need full-stack engineering experience, strong written and verbal communication skills, and have proven experience building new cross functional operations.
What you'll do
- Directly manage and motivate a team of Support Engineers and Technical Customer Support Advocates to ensure we are meeting SLAs and delivering exceptional customer service to our customers.
- Grow Airtable’s Technical Support team by recruiting, hiring, training, and coaching top talent.
- Provide continuous feedback through QA, 1:1s, and performance reviews to improve outcomes of a screen-share based support program. Develop peer-mentorship opportunities within your team or across others.
- Ensure your team is set up with the tools and resources they need to help customers through each new product release. Iteratively invest in customer support excellence.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and other customer-facing teams to refine the scope and operating procedures for communicating with customers about escalated customer issues based on company goals and customer needs.
- Develop and maintain expert-level knowledge of Airtable - dive in and experiment with new features. Anticipate upcoming user needs and support the learning and development of your team.
Who you are
- You have 8+ years of professional experience leading Technical Support or growing teams within a fast-paced environment or SaaS organization.
- You have experience directly managing a high performing distributed team across time zones. You have a minimum of 3+ years of people management experience.
- You thrive and lead effectively in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing, and fast-paced environment.
- You are a first principles thinker, able to clearly communicate your viewpoint verbally and in writing based on experience, data, and logic. You have strong analytical skills.
- You have demonstrated the ability to partner cross-functionally, communicate big picture opportunities, and make data-driven decisions.
- You are passionate and enthusiastic about Airtable!
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!