Airtable’s mission is to bring the power of computing and software development to everyone. One of the most rewarding parts of building a toolkit is seeing the incredible things your users create with it. We’ve seen our largest and most sophisticated customers use Airtable to run global processes across thousands of employees, coordinate precision manufacturing and 3D printing pipelines, and consolidate previously siloed mission-critical data into a single source of truth.
The Storage team’s mission is to build scalable, reliable, and secure storage abstractions that power Airtable’s relational database engine. As a founding member of the Storage team, you will be responsible for evaluating and introducing new storage technologies that will be used by Airtable’s developers for years to come. The storage team is essential to meeting our customers’ most critical needs around performance and scale as we expand both our product and our engineering team.
We are looking for candidates who are excited about systems-level infrastructural problems, with deep expertise in databases, distributed systems, and storage. Successful candidates will have extensive experience building and running high-scale distributed systems, and are comfortable working in complex design spaces that require balancing challenges such as consistency, availability, durability, and performance.
What you'll do
- Founding member of the Storage team responsible for setting the vision and mandate for a new team
- Work with technologies like AWS, MySQL, DynamoDB, Docker, and Terraform
- Proactively identify and lead changes for large design improvements that enhance the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of Airtable’s infrastructure and production serving systems
- Build clean, well-factored abstractions that are used by all of Airtable’s engineers for years to come
Who you are
- You have experience using or developing high-performance distributed databases and distributed storage systems
- You enjoy architecting systems that balance the challenges of consistency, availability, durability, and performance
- You want to own key pieces of Airtable’s infrastructure end-to-end, from initial design stages all the way through supporting it in production
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!