Airtable’s mission is to bring the power of computing and software development to everyone. We are developing a powerful and extensible toolkit that our customers can leverage to solve a variety of different problems and workflows. We’ve seen our most sophisticated customers use the product to run global processes across thousands of employees, coordinate precision manufacturing pipelines, and consolidate previously siloed mission-critical data into a single source of truth. The complexity of these use cases requires us to be extremely thoughtful about how we design and implement new functionality in the product and make sure it’s both easy to use and comprehend for our customers and maintainable for us.
Our web engineering and development team works closely with brand designers, product marketing, performance marketing, SEO and growth engineering teams to make Airtable’s web presence best in class. You will be helping build robust, beautiful, responsive, and compelling web experiences for our visitors.
As the Head of Web Engineering, you’ll focus on building and developing the excellent web development team around you and collaborating with our business stakeholders. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building scalable solutions to support Airtable’s fast growing business.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of web developers and QA specialists
- Partner with our business teams across Marketing, Sales, and Growth Product and Engineering teams to support marketing launches, growth experimentation, and increase our self-serve top-of-funnel as well as Enterprise motion
- Manage project goals, estimate project size and create project timelines.
- Manage a team of web developers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Act as a lead engineer, architecting projects and providing mentorship and code review.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
- Create and execute an SEO and information architecture and content strategy in collaboration with cross-functional teams to increase organic traffic, engagement and conversion.
- Develop weekly KPI and ROI reporting on website performance and provide recommendations on overall improvement of KPIs.
- Coach engineers in their technical and professional development.
- Augment our development team by hiring and managing external vendors
Who you are
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years experience managing an engineering team.
- Experience with headless CMS and B2B Saas is a plus.
- Experience working cross-functionally with business partners and brand design in an agile environment.
- Willing and able to write and review code yourself.
- Able to drive architecture decisions to ensure a trade-off between speed and quality.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Well organized.
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!