Airtable’s mission is to bring the power of computing and software development to everyone. We are developing a powerful and extensible toolkit that our customers can leverage to solve a variety of different problems and workflows. We’ve seen our most sophisticated customers use the product to run global processes across thousands of employees, coordinate precision manufacturing pipelines, and consolidate previously siloed mission-critical data into a single source of truth.
As a full stack engineer on our team, you will be responsible for identifying and driving innovative solutions to address the most critical needs of our customers. You will work in close collaboration with cross-functional partners in product management and design functions.
What you'll do
- Build innovative product features that are beautiful, consistent, and fast, that encourage exploration, and that earn the trust of our customers through predictable, reliable, and thoughtful interactions.
- Own major initiatives, including multiple tracks of work and engineers. Show leadership and drive execution across those tracks of work.
- Work across various layers of the stack, including SQL databases, Node servers, and React+HTML+CSS.
- Partner with product managers, designers, and data scientists to understand customer needs and help define our product roadmap.
- Engage with internal and external business stakeholders for product feedback and iteration.
- Provide mentorship to other engineers on the team.
Who you are
- You have 7+ years of industry experience with modern full-stack web development, with an emphasis on customer-facing product development.
- You have experience leading the design and implementation of one or more long-term initiatives/systems in close collaboration with cross-functional partners and other stakeholders.
- You have a solid understanding of engineering best practices and principles of system design.
- You have a background in computer science.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making and evaluating trade-offs, knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You have strong convictions, weakly held and assume validation and iteration are a given to produce the best results.
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!