Airtable's mission is to enable anyone to create software. Users can only create fearlessly when they trust that their data is safe with us. Therefore, security is built into everything we do: product design, feature development, architecture, operations, and customer support. Our goal in this role is to build an incident response team to respond to threats facing our infrastructure, customers and employees. This role will be the first person of that team to build the capability.
We think through problems from first principles, and work with the whole company to build proactive ls to deliver trustworthy systems that serve users and operators.
What you'll do
- Be part of a new security team building up from the ground up. Airtable is growing fast, real fast! We’re building an extension of our San Francisco-based security team in Austin, and you can help us be at the ground-level of that build-out!
- Develop our security log aggregation and detection system (SIEM) for our corporate and production environments.
- Build-up Cyber Incident Response Processes and Procedures.
- Investigate Cyber Security Incidents and build-up automated workflows to help resolve issues at scale with minimal manual intervention.
- Build out security detection logic to characterize normal and abnormal behavior in a public-cloud SaaS based environment.
- Work with Engineering, IT and Compliance teams to ensure we have the right tools and visibility in place.
Who you are
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- You have in-depth knowledge of security issues at many levels of a modern computing stack - both in a MacOS corporate and AWS based production environment.
- You're an expert in modern log aggregation and SIEM solutions including building advanced features and tackling the scale challenges of these platforms.
- You understand the security logging needs of an AWS, SaaS platform and macOS based environments.
- You can hunt down and eliminate visibility gaps with ease -- by implementing fixes, extending loggers or working with other engineering teams to implement.
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!