Airtable’s mission is to bring the power of computing and software development to everyone. The Platform Engineering group’s mission is to push the boundaries of what creators build on Airtable. Our goal is to provide the tools and capabilities that make Airtable limitless, empowering users to build powerful and customized solutions for their needs.
Formagrid Inc. dba Airtable seeks an Engineering Manager, Platforms at our office in San Francisco, CA.
- Plan and manage the activities and long-term strategy for the engineering Platform team over multi-year timelines.
- Analyze metrics of adoption and usage of software features collected automatically and anonymously using numerical modeling and estimation techniques.
- Conduct requirements gathering for features of data management systems.
- Manage day-to-day operations for the team through regular meetings with direct reports and indirect reports.
- Provide thought leadership and mentorship within the entire Engineering team.
- Apply knowledge and manage the design of systems to store and retrieve data and perform computations efficiently.
- Confer with management cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, and Customer Engagement to execute successfully on the Platform roadmap.
- Recruit, hire, and manage a diverse team of talented engineers.
- Responsible for providing staff technical coaching and mentorship. Involves the opportunity to telecommute within the surrounding area of San Francisco, CA, up to 2 days per week, as feasible.
- Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Robotics or a related technical field, plus five (5) years of experience in the job offered or related occupation.
- The employer may also accept a Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Robotics or a related technical field, plus seven (7) years of progressive experience in the job offered or related occupation.
- At least two (2) years of the required experience must be in an engineering management role.
To apply, mail resumes to: Airtable, Attn: Job Code VV0824, 799 Market St., Flr. 8, San Francisco, CA 94013. EOE.
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Current openings are subject to our internal incentive-based employee referral program
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.