At Airtable we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything.” Unlike single-purpose apps, Airtable is a toolkit composed of intuitive building blocks that people can repurpose to create their own applications.
The Core group aims to grow and retain our customer base by empowering them to create powerful software for their business workflows, collaborate seamlessly with their peers, and confidently manage their usage at scale.
We’re looking for an engineering manager to help scale our team and our product to support more collaborative use cases and to become a complete end to end low code platform for users of all technical abilities.
What you'll do
- Lead a team to prototype, validate and launch greenfield projects that will increase the flexibility of our software toolkit for non-technical users
- Drive the planning and execution of senior engineers and cross-functional partners in a safe and inclusive environment for ideas that lead to collaboration and urgent impact
- Nurture a team of highly capable engineers. You’ll enable the team to bond and get to know each other; this was always important, but it is even more so now given our remote ways of working. Not only will you partner with senior engineers on the team to multiply their impact, you’ll also recruit and grow early career engineers
- Bring your technical expertise to bear by partnering with tech leads as well as empathizing with customers and working with product managers to build products that deliver value to customers, all while doing so in a sustainable way
- Implement lightweight processes to help the team scale and be productive, while allowing for agility to accommodate the dynamic environment that we operate in. You’ll also partner with engineering leaders to do the same for the larger engineering org
Who you are
- Led multiple simultaneous teams and projects against company-level goals
- Designed and built software products from scratch by engaging closely with customers
- Experience managing and growing mid- and senior-level engineering ICs
- Managed a team consisting of back-end, full-stack and front-end engineers regardless of your own area of expertise
- Passionate about recruiting and growing engineers
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!