The GL Staff Accountant is a key member of our Finance Team responsible for providing support for the Company’s accounting operations including, but not limited to accounts payable, general accounting, and month end close activities.
What you'll do
- Assist with the monthly close process; prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, in a timely and accurate manner
- Address vendor and employee requests as needed, process invoices, and manage timely vendor payments
- Support other day to day operational accounting needs
- Responsible for accurate coding of all vendor transactions
- Review employee expense reporting and accurately complete the corporate card reconciliation process
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting requirements
- Assist with the annual financial audit process; including audit schedule preparation
- Identify and propose changes to improve accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
Who you are
- 1+ years of accounting experience required
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Proficiency with Excel.
- This role is all about the details paired with thoughtful execution. You are passionate about process, continuous improvement, and leveraging technology. You thrive in juggling and driving multiple tasks to completion.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills. Your approach is clear, thoughtful and customer-focused.
- You are a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership over your work and that of the team.
- You approach new learning experiences with confidence and curiosity.
- You value working together and how you can contribute to the goals and success of the team and company. You have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively with the team and across functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Preferred: Systems experience in NetSuite, Avalara, Bill.com, Coupa, Expensify or similar systems
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world.
Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.