Airtable is on a mission to democratize software. Our platform is beloved by people at more than 200,000 organizations because they can create applications that perfectly fit their needs. Our company is small, mighty, and growing fast. Our communications team focuses on helping more people – whether it’s our next new hire or next customer – believe in the real-world impact Airtable has every day and the future we’re building toward: one where more people have the power to shape technology to fit their needs. We’re looking for a communicator who knows how to keep employees informed and engaged, and someone who loves to identify new tools, stories, and programs that empower every part of our growing organization.
What you'll do
- Develop and manage all of our official company-wide communications, including strategic planning content, events (e.g., weekly all hands), performance management, and other major announcements
- Write, edit, and design company-wide communications on multiple topics, from updated company policies, to new product features, and manage distribution to employees
- Partner with our People and executive leadership teams to craft compelling materials in written, video, audio, and presentation form
- Serve as our team’s eyes and ears across the organization to identify stories worth telling, areas of concern, and opportunities to better communicate our vision and strategy
- Prep internal spokespeople and provide feedback on where they can do better
- Oversee external agencies/freelancers as needed
Who you are
- You’ve got a strong bias for action. We’re a small, hands-on team that focuses just as much on whipping up a smart strategy as rolling up our sleeves to get the work done.
- You’re a clear and empathetic communicator. We come in every day to help more people understand the power of Airtable. We’re fanatical about good stories, crisp writing, meeting our audiences where they are, and advocating on behalf of our customers and community.
- You’re intellectually curious and a ruthless prioritizer. We’re a new team and building a lot from scratch. You’ll be asked to learn a lot – quickly! – think creatively, and prioritize the work that has the biggest impact.
- You have at least 8 years of experience working in public relations, internal communications, or employee engagement at a fast-growing company.
- You’ll have a portfolio of examples of how you’ve improved internal communications, including examples of solid writing and presentation skills, informative events and programs, and creative tactics that keep employees informed and engaged.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone — even without technical training — can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we’re just getting started.