Airtable is on a mission to democratize software. Our platform is beloved by people at more than 200,000 organizations because they can create applications that perfectly fit their needs. We are building a communications team that demonstrates the real-world impact Airtable has every day, advocates for a future where more people have the power to shape technology, and strengthens the reputation we’ve established with customers and others in our community. Now, we’re hiring a PR/AR Lead to be a founding member of our team, reporting to our Head of Global Communications.
We are looking for a well-rounded communicator – someone who thrives in a small team with big ambitions, loves the thrill of seeing their work land in the headlines, and is (like most of our customers) a builder and creator at heart. Help us write the very first chapter of our team’s story.
What you'll do:
- Conceive and execute programs that deepen understanding of Airtable among media and analysts
- Manage Airtable’s engagement with business, tech, consumer, enterprise, and trade press; analysts; broadcast outlets; podcasts; and more
- Establish and maintain regular communication with analysts and influencers on Airtable’s strategy and product roadmap
- Develop messaging materials, presentations, and spokesperson training programs that ensure Airtable and its team effectively communicate about our mission and impact in the world
- Plan, schedule, and manage participation in analyst research, conferences, advisory days, briefings, inquiries, and reporting
- Partner with our marketing, sales, success, and product teams on everything from mining story ideas to advocating for product and business outcomes on behalf of Airtable’s community
- Coordinate with Airtable customers on joint communications opportunities
- Serve as on-record spokesperson for Airtable and coordinate rapid response efforts
- Oversee external agencies/freelancers as needed
Who you are:
- You’ve got a strong bias for action. We’re a small, hands-on team that focuses just as much on whipping up a smart strategy as rolling up our sleeves to get the work done.
- You’re a clear and empathetic communicator. We come in every day to help more people understand the power of Airtable. We’re fanatical about good stories, crisp writing, meeting our audiences where they are, and advocating on behalf of our customers and community.
- You’re intellectually curious and a ruthless prioritizer. We’re a new team and building a lot from scratch. You’ll be asked to learn a lot – quickly! – think creatively, and prioritize the work that has the biggest impact.
- You have at least 8 years of experience working in public relations, analyst relations, or strategic communications (bonus: all three!).
- You have well-established relationships with media and experience pitching and managing complex stories. You know how to develop and conduct briefings with analysts, reporters, and other important stakeholders.
- You’re someone with a track record of successfully pulling off creative, compelling campaigns – such as product launches, corporate announcements, consumer campaigns, and more.
What we offer:
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone — even without technical training — can create customized applications that fir their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we’re just getting started.