Airtable is a powerful database with a user-friendly interface, which presents unique challenges and opportunities. When users figure out how to structure their tables, fields and views to map to their particular workflow, or simply use the best template, what they can achieve is limitless. The Activation team’s job is to build product features that educate and inspire new user’s along their Airtable journey. It is a key part of our overall growth and retention strategy.
On the Activation team, we’re looking for growth-minded engineers who want to deeply understand the motivations of our creators. We need Full-Stack engineering skills and experience with, or a desire to learn, growth experimentation techniques.
What you'll do
- Work with TypeScript, React, Node, AWS, and SQL to build and maintain new and existing Airtable features
- Build products that are resolving users’ pain points to help them understand and harness Airtable’s power.
- Partner with product managers, designers, and data scientists to understand the needs of new users and build solutions that unlocks their potential
- Design and architect complex new systems, focusing not only on performance and scalability, but also on crafting a beautiful user experience.
- Drive alignment across the organization to tackle main user problems and build solutions at the group and organization level
- Provide mentorship to other engineers and up-level the whole team.
- Work alongside and learn from a talented group of engineers with a diverse range of experiences and backgrounds.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of industry experience with modern full-stack web development
- You are passionate about building great products to address user needs and resolve their pain points.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You can build up strong relationships across the organization and cross-functionally
- You believe in data-driven and iterative product development and can effectively breakdown larger projects to smaller milestones
- You have a strong background in computer science, with a degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.