Airtable's mission is to enable anyone to create software. Users can only create fearlessly when they trust that their data is safe with us. Therefore, security is built into everything we do: product design, feature development, architecture, operations, and customer support. Our goal in this role is to build a detection platform to detect and respond to threats facing our infrastructure, customers and employees.
We think through problems from first principles, and work with the whole company to build proactive logging and detections to deliver trustworthy systems that serve users and operators correctly in the face of hostile action.
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain security infrastructure for our corporate and production environments.
- Build and maintain automation pipelines to help threat detection, incident response, vulnerability management, and abuse.
- Deploy and maintain our security log aggregation and detection system (SIEM).
- Work with Engineering, Infrastructure, Security, IT and Compliance teams to ensure we have the right tools, deployed in the right place in a robust and maintainable manner.
Who you are
- You have multiple years of relevant technical experience, including significant experience with site reliability, developer productivity or DevOps, or server infrastructure engineering.
- You can write clear, correct code in at least one programming language (we use Python and Typescript), and are willing to become effective in others as needed to get your job done (coding is an integral part of the role and interview process).
- You have in-depth knowledge on log-aggregation from deployment to maintenance (including performance, log parsing, health monitoring and data normalization).
- You strive to automate yourself out of your current challenge to focus on your next challenge.
- In-depth knowledge on a few of the production technologies we use (or are planning to use) including AWS (CloudFormation, EC2), Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes\EKS, Chef.
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!