You’ll primarily communicate with external developers through our community forum, email, and chat to help customers debug issues with their API integrations (airtable.com/api), scripts (try.airtable.com/scripting), and custom blocks (airtable.com/developers/blocks). You will relay product and user enablement feedback to inform broader company actions as we partner to lay the foundations of Airtable’s developer community. This role requires a love of learning, deep curiosity, and clear-writing skills. The right customer solution won't always be obvious, but you see this as part of the fun!
The role can be remote or based in our Austin or San Francisco office. This role has fixed hours of 7am-3pm ET or 11am - 7pm PT.
What you’ll do
- Provide exceptional technical support for new and experienced Airtable developers through email, chat, screen shares and in our community forum.
- Develop deep Airtable product expertise, learning to model any kind of workflow, from editorial calendars for major publications to fire truck inventories for fire departments.
- Anticipate customer needs and problems before they surface; develop deep customer intuition to empower Airtable’s customers to achieve their goals.
- Identify technical escalations when necessary and write clear and concise bug reports for our platform engineering team to investigate.
- Help turn customer feedback into actionable product recommendations to inform future Product, Growth, Marketing, and Customer Support initiatives.
- Help train and educate the support team where there are knowledge gaps.
Who you are
- 2+ years of experience in a developer relations or technical support role.
- You are detail oriented and enjoy getting into the technical weeds.
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative and is energized even when a clear path isn’t laid out for you.
- Written communication is your forté; you can distill complicated topics into something clear and succinct.
- You are a natural teacher and are passionate about helping others fulfill their potential.
- You believe support can transform the user experience.
Bonus points if
- You are experienced in React or TypeScript
- You have experience setting up and using Airtable (personally or professionally)
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation, similar to the way the Macintosh democratized personal computing. Software is arguably the most important creative medium of the last century, yet most people cannot build their own software. Airtable gives people and companies a “lego kit” they can use to create custom applications on their own, regardless of technical experience.
We’ve raised $170M in venture funding, including most recently a 100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.
Airtable is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Learn more about the product and signup at http://airtable.com