At Airtable, our mission is to democratize software creation by building the premiere no-code platform for bespoke workflows and applications. As part of this vision, we’re looking to support a vibrant ecosystem of developers building extensions on top of the core Airtable product that ultimately creates more value than Airtable itself. You can learn more about the beginnings of our developer platform here.
To drive this vision forward, we’re looking for a Developer Advocate to help grow our developer community worldwide. As our first Developer Advocate, you’ll be integral in crafting the developer engagement strategy and executing on the Airtable vision. You’ll educate and empower our developer community through scalable tutorials, speaking engagements, and integrated demos to unlock value for new and existing users. If you’re passionate about democratizing software and being involved with a developer community from day one, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Devise and execute on a strategic plan to grow our developer community
- Represent Airtable in the community forum and produce relevant one-to-many educational resources
- Identify product gaps and opportunities to better serve our developers. Work with our Platform engineering team to design and craft additional capabilities and features based on your insights.
- Wear several hats and do things that may not scale in the early days to help kick-start the community
Who you are
- You are confident and comfortable presenting to audiences large and small
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative and is energized by building a young community
- Empathetic communication - both spoken and written - is your forté; you can distill complicated topics into something clear and succinct
- You are a natural teacher and are passionate about helping others fulfill their potential
- Bonus points if you have experience with supporting and growing open source communities
- 5+ years of experience in a developer relations or advocate role
- Ideally based in San Francisco Bay Area but open to remote
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation. We believe that software stands to be the single most impactful way anyone can bring their ideas to life, yet that few people can actually access it as a creative medium. Airtable enables everyone to experience the power of creating, not just using, software. Headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable has raised $170M in venture funding to date, most recently a 100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.