Airtable's unique approach to enabling end-user software creation has struck a chord with users across many industries and use cases. Our accelerating growth, coupled with our ambitious product surface area, brings many challenges. As one of the founding members of the Data Science team, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of Airtable by deepening our understanding of how people use the open-ended toolkit that Airtable offers. You’ll work cross-functionally to identify and answer our most important questions, transforming raw data into understandable and actionable insights.
What you'll do
- Partner with product, marketing, and sales teams to help drive insights, identify opportunities, and understand behavior and long-term trends.
- Take a leading role in producing new datasets that unlock business opportunities.
- Manage the design and analysis of experiments; develop and socialize a rigorous culture of experimentation throughout the entire company.
- Play a foundational role in building a data culture at Airtable through reproducible work, improved processes, and better tooling.
- Develop hypotheses and test them with data, rather than solely or primarily attempt to glean patterns from the data already in front of us
- Define and monitor key metrics through consistent tracking, KPI’s, and dashboards.
Who you are
- You have 2+ years previous experience as a data scientist, data analyst, or data engineer.
- You have strong knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- You possess a natural curiosity and strive to uncover the deeper relationships that are not always immediately discoverable.
- You have experience writing and optimizing complex SQL queries for large data sets and are familiar with a scientific programming language, such as R or Python.
- You are an excellent storyteller and able to communicate your findings with clarity and precision, whether through writing or visualizations.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation, similar to the way the Macintosh democratized personal computing. Software is arguably the most important creative medium of the last century, yet most people cannot build their own software. Airtable gives people and companies a “lego kit” they can use to create custom applications on their own, regardless of technical experience.
We’ve raised $170M in venture funding, including most recently a 100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.