Airtable's unique approach to enabling end-user software creation has struck a chord with users across many industries and use cases. Our accelerating growth, coupled with our ambitious product surface area, brings many challenges. As one of the founding members of the Data Science team, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of Airtable by deepening our understanding of how people use the open-ended toolkit that Airtable offers. You’ll work cross-functionally to identify and answer our most important questions, transforming raw data into understandable and actionable insights.
What you'll do
- Partner with product, marketing, and sales teams to help drive insights, identify opportunities, and understand behavior and long-term trends.
- Take a leading role in producing new datasets that unlock business opportunities.
- Manage the design and analysis of experiments; develop and socialize a rigorous culture of experimentation throughout the entire company.
- Play a foundational role in building a data culture at Airtable through reproducible work, improved processes, and better tooling.
- Develop hypotheses and test them with data, rather than solely or primarily attempt to glean patterns from the data already in front of us
- Define and monitor key metrics through consistent tracking, KPI’s, and dashboards.
Who you are
- You have 4+ years previous experience as a data scientist, data analyst, or data engineer
- You have the ability to translate raw data into meaningful business insights and be able to tell a story with data
- You have strong knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- You possess a natural curiosity and strive to uncover the deeper relationships that are not always immediately discoverable.
- You have experience writing and optimizing complex SQL queries for large data sets and are familiar with a scientific programming language, such as R or Python.
- You are an excellent storyteller and able to communicate your findings with clarity and precision, whether through writing or visualizations.
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!