A pioneer in the drone interception industry, Airspace™ is seeking a passionate Electrical Engineer Intern that will help shape the technology that will power our flying robots. We are an early stage start up that designs, develops, and builds specialized drones. Our interdiction technologies solve meaningful problems that impact the world. We have an amazing shop with all the tools any maker would want to own. Come and join the mission!
Working as part of our engineering team, performing R&D, High/Low voltage PCB design, embedded systems design and programming, and PCB production management; this position requires:
- A strong command of English language
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent skills and/or experience
- At least one year work experience designing and building simple analog and digital circuits
- At least one year work experience programming for microcontrollers and other applications
- At least one year work experience with Eagle PCB design tool and Arduino programming interface;
- Ability to prototype, solder (including SMT components), and assemble circuits and design PCBs, including choosing appropriate components
- PCB CAD tools (Eagle preferred), Lab equipment (oscilloscope, multi-meters, etc.)
- Ability to develop embedded programs in C or C++
- Proficient with lab instrumentation (e.g. Scopes, DMM, Logic analyzers, etc.)
- Knowledge Standard interfaces (e.g. SPI, I2C, USB, Ethernet, Bluetooth, etc.)
Additional Skills (nice to haves)
- Power electronics design experience
- Project management experience
- Experience with UL / ETL certification process
Why work at Airspace?
Working at Airspace Systems means working with a team of makers, mechanical and software engineers, designers and entrepreneurs that live for completing ambitious projects. Get inspired to build, design and dream up new solutions in our state-of-the-art workspace.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start up: an amazing industry (Robotics and Drones...need we say more), incredible office space, a smart multidisciplinary team, a flexible workplace, plenty of food in the kitchen, and a pure mission that binds us all together.
Obviously: medical, dental, vision, vacation, health and wellness, and stock options are part of the package. We play hard and work hard together.
Thank you for your time and consideration. If you are not interested or available and know of someone that may be, please feel free to pass along this opportunity.