A pioneer in the drone interception industry, Airspace™ is seeking a Public Relations Manager (PR Manager) with solid media/PR and Corporate Communications skills. Help this cutting edge company expand our media footprint and make target audiences aware of our industry leading technology. We're looking for a results oriented PR pro with strong relationships with business, technology and innovation media outlets and experience building the brand identity of new companies. Help us measurably increase media coverage by executing effective marketing and communications programs to bring us to the next level as we scale, the goal being to develop an enviable corporate image.
The type of person we are looking for is a good ‘one-person show’, a self-starter that is super web-savvy with a genuine interest in technology. We are looking for people that care about the world because as a company we are trying to have a positive effect on it.
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in broadcast, print and digital media
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Direct social media to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and tech industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results to the executive team as and when needed
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow drone industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting potential clients and make appropriate recommendations
- Proven working experience in public relations required, agency experience highly preferred
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience - you are knowledgeable about industry conferences and proactive in booking our CEO and executive team to attend.
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline preferred, but experience is really the key
- Design experience probably necessary such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop- designing infographics skills would be awesome
- It would be helpful if you are somewhat artistic and into “data journalism” and visual concepts.
Why work at Airspace Systems?
Working at Airspace Systems means working with a team of makers, mechanical and software engineers, designers and entrepreneurs that live for completing ambitious projects. Get inspired to build, design and dream up new solutions in our state-of-the-art workspace.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start up: an amazing industry (Robotics and Drones...need we say more), incredible office space, a smart multidisciplinary team, a flexible workplace, plenty of food in the kitchen, and a pure mission that binds us all together.
Obviously: medical, dental, vision, vacation, health and wellness, and stock options are part of the package. We play hard and work hard together.
Thank you for your time and consideration. If you are not interested or available and know of someone that may be, please feel free to pass along this opportunity.