OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) is a critical maintenance role at AirPac Airlines. In this role, you will maintain the proper and safe functioning of AirPac's growing fleet, ensuring exceptional levels of aircraft readiness. AMTs maintain aircraft, aircraft engines, and aircraft components and avionics systems according to AirPac and FAA specifications; perform inspections during assembly of parts and after repair or installation of components; document maintenance procedures including component damage, origin, and condition; and practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES (not comprehensive of all tasks):
- Performs all work activities in accordance with established laws, regulations, standards, safety protocols, and procedures to ensure safety of self and others.
- Inspects aircraft or aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, tires, and engines for damage, defects, corrosion, or other wear to ensure airworthiness.
- Recommends replacement, repair, or modification of aircraft equipment based on inspection.
- Reports issues, malfunctions, unusual wear, or damage to appropriate personnel, as required.
- Installs, removes, or modifies aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, schematics, charts, engineering orders, and technical publications.
- Repairs worn, defective, or damaged parts or components (e.g., damaged gaskets, lines and couplings, cables, and pulleys), using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Inspects completed work to certify that maintenance adheres to standards and procedures, and that aircraft are ready for operation.
- Interprets discrepancies or logs (written or verbal) to understand history and nature of issue, to troubleshoot issue, and to identify required next steps (e.g., fix, defer, replace).
- Researches, reads, and interprets technical manuals and guidelines to perform inspections, installations, repairs, or other work activities.
- Reviews maintenance records to determine if service and maintenance checks, repairs, and overhauls were performed at prescribed intervals.
- Maintains repair logs, documenting all preventative and corrective aircraft maintenance activities.
- Serves as a technical expert or mentor by providing advice and corrective recommendations to others.
- Uses computers, computer systems, and other technology to enter, document, access, receive, or communicate information.
- Maintain parts store including parts ordering, returning of cores and inventory.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check and DOT Safety Sensitive Position drug test.
- Must have an FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate meeting recency requirements as specified in 14 CFR 65.83.
- Must be able to read and write English at a level to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Certain duties may require working in confined spaces for a periodic time.
- Should meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions, including the ability to lift at least 70 pounds.
- Possesses the basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic disciplines as they apply to aircraft systems.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including rotating/fixed shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Must have the ability to travel to other AirPac locations in support of organizational needs as required in support of ongoing operations (<25%).
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team to meet operational goals, schedules, and ensure continued customer satisfaction.
- Able to work in outdoor adverse weather conditions
- Must have the ability to clearly and effectively communicate aircraft maintenance status changes verbally and in writing or via electronic methods.
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- (If transferring internally) Must be performing satisfactorily in the current position.
- Possess own tools (basic line maintenance tooling, specialty and calibrated tools provided by AirPac)
- Structural Modification / Sheet Metal Projects Experience
- Experimental Aircraft Development / R&D Operational Experience
- Previous Pratt and Whitney Canada PT6A small series (-114/-114A) line maintenance experience and documented training
- Previous Cessna Caravan C208B maintenance experience and documented training
- Ability to interface between multiple organizational disciplines, levels, and departments
AirPac Airlines are proud to offer comprehensive benefits packages to meet the needs and well being of our employees and their families.