AirPac Airlines is accepting applications for Cessna Caravan C208B cargo pilots in the Pacific Northwest.
The Part-135 C208 Caravan Captain will conduct safe, efficient, compliant and professional flight services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely maneuver the aircraft during all phases of flight; monitor all flight conditions including weather and cargo safety, and verify go/no-go decision; verify fuel requirements and related weather variables and ensure proper loading; make alternate destination decisions when the intended destination is unavailable.
- Maintain command in all situations as they arise due to unexpected circumstances during the flight; ensure proper communication with stations, towers, flight controllers and dispatchers during the flight; file all reports required by the FAA and report any unusual aircraft behavior or performance to dispatch or maintenance personnel; properly record flight-hours in conjunction with Dispatch and adhere to FAA rest requirements and company directives.
- Supervise personnel related to the flight, in coordination with other supervisors; maintain familiarity and knowledge of applicable changes in regulations and procedures concerning the safe operation of all company aircraft; maintain thorough knowledge of all applicable policies, procedures, manuals, handbooks and protocol; serve as a positive, constructive and communicative leader for the company and its customers.
- Review company bulletins and other correspondence on a daily basis, including emails and voicemails; submit all transmittals, expense reports and other company documents/correspondence in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Serve as a role model for ethical behavior, maintain a professional and dignified work environment, and promote and support the mission of AirPac Airlines.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Chief Pilot.
- Commercial Pilot License with SEL and IFR ratings
- 1200 TT
- 800 PIC
- 500 Cross-Country
- 100 Night
- 75 IFR (50 actual)
- IFR Current and Proficient
- 2nd Class Medical
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must adhere to the company’s FAA/DOT required Drug and Alcohol Program
- Work is performed outdoors and in an aircraft. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather. This position may require standing, walking, sitting, bending and stooping for extended periods of time. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity, speaking, seeing and hearing to conduct business.
- This is a floating captain position. While you will be home based, up to 75% of you responsibilities can be away from base to cover all routes operated by AirPac at the direction of the Chief Pilot.
Come be apart of our unique team of pilots hauling cargo across the PNW (Pacific Northwest). This is a once in a life time opportunity to fly in some of the most diverse and challenging weather in the country, if not the world, in one of the most versatile aircraft used in modern day cargo flying. While flying for AirPac Airlines, you will gain experiences with autopilot and glass cockpits, weather and route decision making in a single pilot environment and learn some of the ins and outs of how modern day shipping is achieved on a daily bases.
Some added perks to flying with AirPac is being home generally every night with very few over nights away from base. We currently only operate Monday thru Friday (with the exception of KIRK) and we provide a rotating reserve at most of our locations. Our current operating bases are located at KGEG (Spokane, WA), KBFI (Seattle, WA), KPDX (Portland, OR) and KIRK (Kirksville, MO). AirPac provides accommodations at the layover stations along with company crew cars for the pilots to use between flights.
PAY & BENEFITS
- Company provided iPads with ForeFlight.
- Starting pay for this position will be determined by flight experience.
- During training, students are paid salary from day one. Travel and hotel are paid by company.
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k matching, PTO, Paid Holidays.