AirMap is the leading global provider of Unmanned aerial system (UAS) Traffic Management (UTM) technologies to the drone industry. Millions of drones, hundreds of industry developers, and hundreds of airspace managers and stakeholders rely on AirMap’s airspace intelligence and services to fly safely and communicate with others in low- altitude airspace. Deployed in Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, and the United States, AirMap leads the industry in delivering technology solutions to enable safe and responsible drone operations at scale.
AirMap is seeking an independent and talented communications professional to join our high-impact, results-driven marketing and communications team. The Senior Communications Manager is responsible for developing, managing and administering AirMap’s communications strategy for external, internal/employee and executive stakeholders. You’ll enhance your leadership, strategic communications, and media relations skills, be challenged with exciting and challenging work, grow your network in an emerging tech industry, and drive meaningful change at AirMap and beyond.
This position is located in Santa Monica, CA, and will report to the Director of Marketing.
- External Communications: Serve as communications lead for the company, developing strategic communications plan, drafting key messages for priority programs, and identifying media and content opportunities. Work with third-party agency partners to drive innovative and creative approaches for reaching target audiences and achieving and measuring desired outcomes/actions, including drafting and distributing all press releases, blog posts, and other outbound marketing content, and media advisories, coordinating media interviews and press conferences, managing speaker abstract and corporate award submissions, and representing AirMap at key trade shows. Generate regular reporting on success metrics.
- Internal/Employee Communications: Manage all internal communications activities to keep AirMappers informed, including product launches, partnership news, media trends, and coverage. Provide progress overview of strategic communications plan at monthly company all-hands meeting.
- Executive Communications: Responsible for planning, coordination and content development and execution support for executive speeches, briefings, talking points, thought leadership content, bylines, interview and video messaging alongside third party agency partners.
- Counsel: Serve as a communications subject matter expert to teams across the company, ensuring consistency in use of communication vehicles as well as messaging. This includes leading strategic communications programs and processes, issues management, and crisis communications support.
- 6-10 years professional work experience in communications, PR, media relations, journalism, or related discipline.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Aeronautical Science, or related field.
- Familiarity with drones, aviation, aerospace, GIS, or related field.
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communications and proven ability to make clear, convincing presentations to executive-level audience.
- Track record of success in owning substantial communications projects.
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to adapt and execute in a dynamic environment.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to manage budgets, schedules and executive support
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally in support of media activities, trade shows and requirements at other campuses
- Experience with Google Apps Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Spreadsheets, and Presentations) is a plus