Who are we looking for
We are looking for Site Reliability Engineers who have a passion for developing reliable, distributed software systems supporting spare-time and professional drone operators in executing their missions safely and in conformance with regulations. Quality is at the forefront of everything our team does, and we are looking for true passion for writing robust, reliable and well-tested code.
What’s it like to work at AirMap?
AirMap is the world’s leading airspace services platform for unmanned aircraft. Developed by experts in technology, aviation, and policy, AirMap’s family of APIs and SDKs are used by nearly 80% of the world’s drones to exchange dynamic information, creating a safe and efficient environment in low-altitude airspace.
Based in our Zürich office, you will work closely with a small, nimble, globally distributed cross-functional team passionate about the challenges of contextual airspace and be delivering the future of unmanned flight.
AirMap has offices in Santa Monica and Zürich with employees across the globe. We value thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues and are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
What are we looking for?
On the personality side, you are the right person for AirMap if you are willing to:
- Drive to get results and not let anything get in your way.
- Be proactive and anticipate/handle issues before they blow up.
- Exhibit a strong backbone and challenge the status quo when needed.
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies.
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything you do.
- Go the extra mile to delight customers and colleagues alike.
As a member of our team, you will work with Engineers, Product Owners and Technical Leads building new experiences and improving existing products, developing robust software solutions and dependable products for AirMap’s users and customers. You’ll help in estimating engineering efforts, prioritize projects, plan implementations, and triage production issues. You need to be dynamic, collaborative and curious, as you’ll work in a fast-paced environment where continuous experimentation and innovation are a given.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Operation of existing infrastructure and services.
- Assisting in design, development, and testing of features delivered as applications and/or services, with a strong focus on ensuring/improving reliability and robustness.
- Triage and troubleshoot escalations for a wide variety of AirMap products.
- Monitor, detect and troubleshoot issues during code rollouts on the live site. Analyze real-time data to determine issue severity and impact and advise Product Development and Release Management on release GO/NO-GO.
- Advise management and appropriate groups on customer impacting issues and provide recognized technical and business leadership while recommending appropriate actions.
- Identify process gaps and implement process improvements to increase operational efficiency.
- Participate in the development of tools, systems and processes aimed at improving product supportability and overall support productivity.
- Work with different groups to develop and improve monitors for AirMap products and infrastructure.
- When needed provide direct support to AirMap users and customers.
- Identify, verify and document irregularities in AirMap functionality, including posting appropriate bugs and potentially solving them with pull requests.
- Collaborating with peers and leads both within the team and across the organization.
- Working with operations teams to ensure applications and services are highly available and reliable.
- Supporting applications and/or services as and when required on a 24x7 basis.
- Candidates of all experience levels are welcome for a variety of roles and levels.
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Competent in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
- Competent in software engineering tools (Golang) and best practices (e.g. unit testing, test automation, continuous integration, etc.).
- Competent in state-of-the-art orchestration and containerization infrastructure k8s & docker).
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of networking principles and OS operation and maintenance.
- Expertise using Linux command line.
- Familiarity with load balancing principles.
- Development skills in at least one scripting language.
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Extra credit: Private and public cloud experience (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Extra credit: Provide your GitHub account or code samples with your resume!
AirMap provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, parental or pregnancy status, veteran status or genetics.
In addition to law requirements, AirMap complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which AirMap has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.