Airkit began in 2017 when co-founders Adam Evans and Stephen Ehikian got fed up with bad customer experiences. As consumers of many products, they couldn’t understand why, in the age of big data, AI, cloud computing, and connected products, their interactions with companies were so impersonal, reactive, and time-consuming.
The Airkit team previously founded and built RelateIQ (sold to Salesforce in 2014). We witnessed first hand how every aspect of the relationship between companies and their customers was changing. Everyone and everything is now connected, and customer expectations are rapidly increasing.
Located in Redwood City, CA, our company is on a mission to empower companies to build experiences people love. We are looking for passionate individuals who want to help build a company from the ground up.
Are you someone that enjoys puzzles, with a quizzical & testing mind? Do you want to have a chance to define the testing process and methodology for an early stage company, and watch it scale?
As part of our SDET team, you'll be building highly visible, robust automation tools and tackling hard to solve problems. Working backwards from customer needs, you will identify the right sets of tools to build to achieve the best quality and customer experience. You will drive test automation efforts for critical and complex technical projects collaborating with multiple teams across Airkit. You will be responsible for driving improvements in test tools, test environments and reporting mechanisms as well as influence the implementation of the right solutions.
An ideal candidate is driven by:
- Creating and improve test frameworks
- Authoring and implementing all types of tests (unit, integration end to end, regression ...)
- Creating and adding performance tests
- Helping us be in a better position to make a ship/no-ship decision
- Has a point of view on how our partner/developers should test their journeys
- Someone who enjoys thinking critically and strategically about problems to solve
- 2+ years creating and/or improving test frameworks. You are someone who solves problems and thrives on coming up with an innovative solution.
- 3+ years automating manual tests
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose object oriented programming languages (Bonus points for Kotlin, Java, JVM or Node)
- Experience with test automation frameworks, technologies and platforms (Bonus points for Testng, Junit and web focused technologies, for example Selenium WebDriver)
- Comfortable with Git, IntelliJ, AWS, Postman, Wireshark, Saucelabs
- Analyze complex software systems and be able to recommend improvements to ensure they are testable
Benefits & Perks
At Airkit, we want our teammates to feel cared for, wherever they are in life. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Unlimited time off to relax and recharge
- Flexible Spending Stipend for you to spend wherever it will benefit you most
- Monthly Team Events & quarterly Hackdays
At Airkit, we are thoughtful about compensation and take into consideration a variety of factors which may influence salary such as experience, skills, geography, and alignment with our values.
Not everyone will match the above qualifications 100%. If your experiences don’t perfectly align, but you think you’d be a great addition to our team, we’d still love to hear from you.
Airkit is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.