Airkit began in 2018 when co-founders Adam Evans and Stephen Ehikian wanted to enable leading brands to connect with their customers in a new, digital way. As consumers of many products, they couldn’t understand why, in the age of big data, AI, cloud computing, and connected products, their interactions with companies were so impersonal, reactive, and time-consuming.
The Airkit team previously founded and built RelateIQ (sold to Salesforce in 2014). We witnessed first hand how every aspect of the relationship between companies and their customers was changing. Everyone and everything is now connected, and customer expectations are rapidly increasing.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company launched publicly in October 2020. Since then, we have seen the rapid adoption & expansion of our product within leading Fortune 500 brands and hyper-growth businesses, world-wide.
About the role
In this role, you will build and maintain the foundation of Airkit's cloud infrastructure, while working closely with other engineering teams to solve front-end and back-end specific infrastructure challenges. This role is a blend of infrastructure, SRE, and software development. In addition to debugging live problems, the Infrastructure team helps with design to avoid problems up-front. You are up to date on the latest technologies, trends and best practices around infrastructure automation and lead their adoption at Airkit. Your work will strike the right balance between meeting current needs and guiding us in the right direction so that we will be able to enhance and scale our infrastructure over time.
A great candidate for this role...
- Is comfortable using cloud computing services (AWS, GCP, or similar), and takes an “Infrastructure as Code,” approach (we use Terraform for 100% of our deployments)
- Wants to automate repetitive tasks and has experience with scripting languages (Python, Bash, or similar)
- Has experience supporting mission critical services
- Is open to learning new technologies, frameworks, and API's
- You have worked for a fast-growing SaaS startup and experienced the ups and downs of scaling a SaaS product from 1 to 1000 customers.
- Has experience with internet scale services and their architecture, including DNS, load balancers, autoscaling, and different types of data stores
- Technical security knowledge, experience operating in environments with compliance requirements (SOC2, HIPAA, ISO27001)
- Substantial Unix/Linux and TCP/IP, knowledge
- Experience with container orchestration (Kubernetes)
This role is open to candidates who are located in the U.S. (must be able to work remotely outside of CO) with the option to be remote or work from our Palo Alto, CA office (when reopening is safe). Airkit’s infra team is committed to being a remote-first team. We already have team members that are distributed geographically throughout the US, and will continue to grow our team across the US.
Not everyone will match the above qualifications 100%. At Airkit, we value your drive, the ability to learn and being open to new solutions and technologies above all else. If your experiences don’t perfectly align, but you think you’d be a great fit, we’d still love to hear from you.