Airkit began in 2018 when co-founders Adam Evans and Stephen Ehikian wanted to enable leading brands to connect with their customers in a new, digital way. As consumers of many products, they couldn’t understand why, in the age of big data, AI, cloud computing, and connected products, their interactions with companies were so impersonal, reactive, and time-consuming.
The Airkit team previously founded and built RelateIQ (sold to Salesforce in 2014). We witnessed first hand how every aspect of the relationship between companies and their customers was changing. Everyone and everything is now connected, and customer expectations are rapidly increasing.
Located in Palo Alto, CA, the company launched publicly in October 2020. Since then, we have seen the rapid adoption & expansion of our product within leading Fortune 500 brands and hyper-growth businesses, world-wide.
As to be expected in a fast moving start-up, the scope of this position will evolve continuously. Below is a partial description of the valuable qualities we are looking for in the ideal candidate for a Front End Engineer:
- Ability to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Comfort leading individual project priorities, deadlines and results
- Consistent track record of execution and delivery; ability to get stuff done
- Development process flexibility; ability to build software in fast iterative cycles
- Demonstrated passion for coding and problem solving, either within a startup environment and/or personal or academic projects
- Strength in collaborating multi-functionally across engineering, design, and product
- Option to work remotely or from our Palo Alto, CA office
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in software development
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- A working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Demonstrated empathy for design and UX methodologies
- Bonus points for Typescript, ES6, LESS, Redux
- Front End: Typescript, React, Redux
- Backend: Kotlin, Flyway, jOOQ, Gradle, Node
- Infrastructure: AWS, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, Lambda, Kubernetes, Vault, Consul, Terraform, Spinnaker
Benefits & Perks
At Airkit, we want our teammates to feel cared for, wherever they are in life. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Stipend for productivity, health & wellness
- Monthly Team Events & quarterly Hackdays
- Option to work from our California office or remotely. Work location is flexible except that the position may not be performed remotely from Colorado
Not everyone will match the above qualifications 100%. If your experiences don’t perfectly align, but you think you’d be a great addition to our team, we’d still love to hear from you.
Airkit is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.