At AIR COMPANY we are paving a pathway to global decarbonization by transforming CO₂ into endless resources via industrial scale applications. Working with nature, rather than against it, our proprietary AIRMADE™ Technology mimics photosynthesis to transform carbon dioxide and water via renewable energy into carbon-negative chemicals and fuels.
We have commercial partnerships with airlines including JetBlue and Virgin Atlantic, amongst others, and have been awarded multiple government contracts from NASA and the United States Department of Defense. AIR COMPANY has received industry recognition through awards such as Time Best Inventions, Fast Company World Changing Ideas and the XPRIZE for Carbon Removal.
We are proudly headquartered in New York City and co-founded by Gregory Constantine (CEO) and Dr. Stafford Sheehan (CTO). Our team spans a diverse group of world-leading experts in chemistry, engineering and technological development and deployment. AIR COMPANY is backed by capital partners aligned with the company’s mission to boldly transform industry including the US Department of Defense, NASA, Toyota Ventures, JetBlue Ventures and Carbon Direct.
We are seeking a Plant Engineer to join our team. This role will report to our Director of Operations. This role will oversee capital improvement projects and implement maintenance strategies to optimize and enhance the performance of our facilities and operations. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in engineering, project management, and maintenance practices within the chemical refinery industry. This role is based in Brooklyn, NY.
What you get to do
- Lead and manage capital improvement initiatives aimed at enhancing plant infrastructure, equipment, and systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify improvement opportunities and develop project plans.
- Ensure adherence to engineering standards, safety regulations, and environmental guidelines.
- Collaborate with the procurement team to select and manage vendors and contractors for capital projects and maintenance activities.
- Ensure that external services align with project requirements and quality standards.
- Develop and maintain an asset management strategy to ensure the optimal use of plant assets.
- Implement reliability-centered maintenance practices to improve equipment reliability and reduce unplanned downtime.
- Plan and coordinate all installations and refurbishments.
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in processes, procedures, and technologies.
- Implement best practices to enhance the overall efficiency and effectiveness of plant operations.
- Ensure adequate stocks of spare parts and other maintenance items are stored at the facility in case of unscheduled equipment shut down.
- Manage & support non-routine activities such as emergency repairs, installation of new equipment, etc.
- Control routine spending within budget Interact with all levels of the organization daily and must have excellent communication skills.
- Establish annual budget and forecast spending work with procurement to develop strategies and negotiate contracts for service contracts.
What you bring to AIR COMPANY
- BS/MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years experience in maintenance management and execution of capital improvement projects within oil and gas, petrochemical, or similar industries.
- Maintenance experience with rotating machinery, high voltage electrical systems, and pressure systems.
- Prior working experience in plant or facility operations and management of plant maintenance functions.
- Familiarity with Document Control and Management of Change (MOC) systems.
- Ability to work well in a team with a desire to learn and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) experience is preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) credentials
Salary Range: $130,000 - $160,000
The approximate annual base compensation range and benefits listed above may vary based on the applicant's experience, skills, abilities, and relevant industry expertise.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At AIR COMPANY we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
Working at Air Company
In addition to standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- A people-first, climate solutions company driven to move society to a more sustainable future
- A unified team of climate optimists with an exceptional and diverse range of backgrounds
- Committed to fostering collaboration with a team that believes in the power of science and that business can be used as a force for good…
We also provide:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance. 100% coverage of employee insurance premiums, and 50% coverage of spouse & dependent insurance premiums.
- Company funded Short Term Disability
- Flexible and generous paid time off, including national holidays and sick leave
- A tax deferred 401(k) Plan to invest in your future
- Commuter Benefits: Pre-Tax Income for MassTransit
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Wellness Program
- Sponsored company events and DEI social initiatives
- Friday catered meals