Airbyte’s open source data movement solution is quickly becoming a best practice for data engineers. To keep up with this demand, we are looking to improve our most important connectors by building a team to focus on their quality, scalability, and use case coverage.
As a software engineer on the Strategic Connectors team, you will embark on a mission to make Airbyte’s strategic connectors – the most highly-used connectors on the Airbyte platform – the best in the industry. To do this, you’ll become a domain expert on industry leading APIs like Salesforce, Netsuite, Google Ads, and many others to design the best possible product experience for those connectors. You’ll also own the architecture and development required to make that product experience a reality. This includes maximizing the throughput of these connectors, ensuring their reliability, and making them intuitive to use. You’ll be expected to advocate for how the Airbyte Connector Development Kit (CDK) and Platform should evolve in the future in order to support best-in-class experiences in the future. And as with any engineer in Airbyte, you’ll have a significant influence on the team roadmap and be expected to help direction for the most important connectors for our customers and business.
This is a great role for product-minded engineers looking to have a big impact on Airbyte’s business.
What You'll Do
- Drive projects that make Airbyte the best tool for extracting data from APIs
- Take Airbyte’s strategic API connectors to the next level in terms of features, usability, and performance
- Work with internal tooling teams to help shape the future direction of Airbyte’s connector developer tooling and platform
- Become a domain expert on our strategic APIs to produce excellent user experiences
- Build leverage via engineering: a week-long project this month should be a ten minute task next month
- Guide product decisions and the team roadmap with engineering perspective
- Embed or rotate into the platform teams to execute on cross-cutting projects
- Engage with the open-source community via Github, Slack, or community events
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of software engineering experience.
- A user-centric approach to building products
- Experience building ETL data pipelines or integrations is a big plus
- Proficiency in Python
- You enjoy building abstractions & tools which multiply output
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for continuous learning and improvement (both at a personal and team level)
- Belief in our values
- Guadalajara. Hybrid, twice per week.
For countries outside of the US we offer benefits and localized salaries based on your region or area.
Airbyte is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Airbyte is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.