Airbyte is the open-source standard for EL(T). We enable data teams to replicate data from applications, APIs, and databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations. We believe only an open-source approach can solve the problem of data integration, as it enables us to cover the long tail of integrations while enabling teams to adapt pre-built connectors to their needs.
Within just 18 months, we've built 150+ connectors and we've had 15,000+ companies syncing data with us. We've raised $181M from some of the world's top investors (Benchmark, Accel, Altimeter, Coatue, Y Combinator, etc.) and believe in product-led growth, where we build something awesome and let our product bring the users, rather than an outbound sales engine with cold calls.
You are a Data Engineer who enjoys digging into metrics that drive business impacts. You will be a full-stack analytics person (a thinker and a doer type of person), leaning on your data expertise both on strong technical software discipline and curious about business-savvy aspects. Working on a modern data stack relying on open-source tools. At Airbyte, we want to empower all employees to be data-driven and get the right tools to analyze data correctly. This is also a unique opportunity to demonstrate the use of our own product for internal usage while sharing that experience and its learnings with our community of users and customers.
What You'll Do
- Make Airbyte a data-driven company. Build data applications using Airbyte’s data to be used internally to drive our business, and thrive for impact.
- Own data analytics end-to-end: scope analytical questions, author data pipelines, investigate anomalies, and proactively explore data. Experiment with metrics, insights and analysis across the company along side with Data Analysts on the same team.
- Partner cross-functionally with our Product, Engineering, Design, Sales, Marketing, Finance and other teams to identify levers to improve the product, customer experience or business strategy.
- Lead the data strategy for the company, enabling us to make well-informed architecture and design decisions. Develop tools and resources to empower data access and self-service while following software development best practices.
- In turn, empower Airbyte employees to own their own analytics and be more autonomous at being data-driven.
- Battle test the modern data stack into a reliable production system while making Airbyte a better product. Provide feedback on Airbyte documentation and product as you battle test it and advocate or contribute to build more functionalities.
What You'll Need
- Strong communication skills to discuss needs, designs and business requirements when interacting with other teams (accross functions) with the ability to empathize with their objectives and knowledge, while efficiently managing their expectations or needs.
- Experience as a data engineer or software engineer working with databases, data warehouses, SQL, dbt, Spark, Airflow, Dagster, Batch & Stream processing. Not all are required.
- Solid knowledge of python and how to design and write readable, maintainable code.
- You are also familiar with foundational concepts like dimensional modeling, data normalization, ETL/ELT pipelines, data structures, data quality...
- Other than data technology and concepts, you are also curious about business questions and have an analytical mindset to dig and understand what is behind the numbers.
- You pay attention to detail and are able to provide constructive feedback to others.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- You are data-driven. You are encouraged to automate the most boring and repetitive tasks at work.
- You like things to be DRY, but you know when it’s appropriate to hack quickly some important topic together, knowing what and how to refactor it later on.
- A demonstrated ability to get stuff done. In an ideal world, you’ve worked in a fast-growing company and know what we should be doing today, in one year, and in two years.
- You share our values.
- Bonus: Knowledge of infrastructure tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud…)
- Fully remote flexible work environment - we don’t look at when you log in, log out or how much time you work. We look at your output and we trust you; it’s the only way remote can actually work.
- Unlimited vacation policy- we need you at your best at all times. Our expected minimum time off lets you schedule your work around your life.
- Co-working space - most of our team enjoyed the WFH life but if you prefer to work from a co-working space, we will cover the full monthly cost.
- Parental leave (for both parents) - so you have time to adjust to the new life (and work) schedule introduced by your new bundle of joy.
- Travel With Purpose - we are a fully distributed, 100% remote-friendly team, however, we recognize the value of in-person time. We will pay for round-trip flights, hotel, transportation, and food on weekdays for you to visit our headquarters in San Francisco, or other members of your team around the world.
- Open book policy - we will pay for books you purchase for your professional and career development.
- Continuous learning/training policy - we sponsor you for the conferences and training programs you feel would add to your development in the company.
- Competitive benefits package for US-based employees, including:
- Blue Shield or Kaiser Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance to offer extra peace of mind, especially while we find ourselves in a global pandemic
- Healthcare insurance for those whose countries do not provide it for free.
- Mental Health Support for all team members provided via Spill.
- 401k for US-based employees.
- Sponsored visas for employees in need of them.
Airbyte is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Airbyte is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.