Airbase is the first all-in-one spend management platform that provides companies unparalleled control and visibility into every dollar spent. Finance teams deserve a solution that eliminates the tedious work involved in managing spend and allows them to focus on being strategic partners to the rest of the business. We do that by replacing the multiple systems typically used to manage spend with a single platform that handles every workflow including expense approvals and payments (physical cards, virtual cards, ACH, check), while also automating away the bulk of spend-related accounting. Learn more about why innovative companies like Gusto, Segment, Doximity, Getaround, Netlify, and more trust Airbase at www.airbase.com
About the Job:
We're looking for candidates at the Staff Engineer level to join our AI team and work on applying AI to solve customer problems. The ideal candidate has a product-building mindset and real-world experience in using AI to solve real-world business problems.
- Work closely with the Product team to regularly identify new opportunities to apply ML techniques to improve the Airbase customer experience.
- Evaluate techniques, models, integrations to solve a customer problem and make recommendations.
- Build, train, and deploy models to production and measure their effectiveness and iterate on them.
- Play a leadership role in the engineering organization and mentor and coach other engineers working on AI-enabled features.
- Strong foundations in AI/ML technologies.
- 5+ years of experience building software.
- A proven history of shipping AI-enabled products or features that have demonstrated real-world value to customers.
- A solid foundation in building backend systems and deploying models to production.
- Desire to work in an environment with a high degree of autonomy.
- Ability to iterate and ship with a sense of urgency and navigate a certain degree of ambiguity in the product definition.
Nice to Haves:
- A Master's degree or equivalent in AI/ML.
- Previous experience working at a startup.
- Research publications or open-source work related to AI/ML.
- Any experience in the Finance / Accounting domain.
We offer competitive cash compensation and equity. We're a remote team and are happy to work with candidates from anywhere in the world.