At Aineko, our mission is to give developers super powers. We are building the platform for engineering teams looking to scale the next wave of innovative applications. Aineko unlocks developer potential and enables teams to go from proof of concept to planet scale faster than ever.
We help engineering teams at a growing number of startups build data-intensive backends that power their products. They use our open source framework to simplify development of real-time inference, interactive multi-user systems, and always-fresh APIs. Our platform currently allows the teams we support to deploy with ease and conduct day 2 operations, and we’re looking to build new features that make the developer experience radically simpler. We’re seeking a product-minded frontend engineer with a deep empathy for the developer experience to join us on this journey!
What You’ll Do
As a Frontend Engineer, you’ll...
Lead or contribute to new features that enhance the user experience and capabilities of the Aineko platform. Examples of this include debugging tools that account for the nuances of live data or CI/CD workflows that automate application testing on live data.
Design, develop, and maintain scalable and reliable backend services and APIs that power the Aineko platform.
Implement front-end user interfaces using modern web technologies and frameworks. Our tech stack includes technologies such as: AWS, Docker, Kafka, Python, and Next.js
Adopt and influence Aineko’s design system.
Improve development workflows for engineering and operational efficiency. For example better automation around user onboarding or improvements to our CI/CD process.
Collaborate with engineering, product, and customer success teams to ensure the Aineko platform delivers on its promise of giving engineering teams super powers.
Learn continuously and master the latest technologies, so that we remain ahead of the innovation curve.
Requirements and Skills
- 5+ years of professional experience in software engineering, preferably within a company with a data infrastructure, developer tool, AI, or cloud platform product.
- Comfort supporting high traffic services and building with scalability in mind.
- Strong knowledge of frontend development using modern frameworks like Next.js (required), React, Angular, or Vue.js.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Vercel, AWS, GCP, or Azure) and experience in deploying and managing applications in a cloud environment.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git, and familiarity with continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills, with a strong focus on performance optimization.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Experience and comfort with remote team dynamics, processes, and tools (Slack, Zoom, etc.)
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to engineers with varying levels of expertise
- You have a track record of creating and maintaining comprehensive technical documentation and engineering standards
- You have experience with project management tools and methodologies, such as Agile or Scrum, to facilitate collaboration and ensure timely delivery of high-quality features and improvements
- You have a proactive and empathetic approach to problem-solving, with a focus on understanding the needs of engineers working with the platform and helping them succeed
- You work well within a culturally diverse and distributed team
- You execute with speed and high standards, and contribute new ways of thinking
- You can show some historical work relevant to the role, such as open source contributions or experience working on developer tools and platforms
What captures our attention
- Previous startup experience
- Managing or contributing to open source projects
What we offer
- Competitive salary + equity package
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- 401(k) program plus match
- WFH stipend (office expenses, etc.)
- Travel budget, quarterly offsites
Who we are
Aineko was started by a group of friends at Stanford University - a diverse group with years of experience in technology and startups, with a passion for increasing the pace of innovation across the world. We’ve since grown to a team of 12 people spanning Engineering, Design, and Business disciplines with backgrounds in big tech and vc-backed startups.
Our vision is to ease the transition between idea and implementation for data applications to ultimately speed up the innovation process. We are focused on unlocking the potential of engineering teams around the world, by providing the best platform to take their ideas to production and deliver high value to their customers.