aifleet aspires to change the lives of some of the hardest working, most underappreciated individuals in today’s workforce – truck drivers. A tech-first logistics company, aifleet is disrupting the antiquated $800B trucking industry with human-centric algorithms. We use artificial intelligence to schedule the most efficient routes for our drivers, prioritizing revenue per truck and driver experience. Our obsession with driver happiness allows us to minimize driver attrition and optimize driving time, demonstrating a model that would eliminate the perceived trucker shortage and the inefficiencies permeating the industry today. Through this model we are proving that trucking - a historically fragmented and transactional industry - can be efficient and compassionate.
With a recent $21M Series A and exponential revenue growth, aifleet is at an inflection point. We have already demonstrated proof of concept and are ready to build the world’s largest and most efficient trucking company. We’d love for you to join our no-ego, compassionate, and mission-obsessed team during this next phase of growth.
About the Role
The Fleet Operations Director is a leadership role, managing a team of dispatchers who in turn manage a fleet of trucks - the core of our business and our revenue-generating engine. This person will ultimately be responsible for the revenues across their fleet of ~35 trucks while keeping driver happiness and safety in mind. This role is an integral piece to our scaling business and the go-to person when any sort of issues arise for our drivers and dispatchers.
The ideal candidate will possess a balance of EQ and IQ: deep compassion and customer service skills, while being able to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment such as consulting or a startup (unexpected obstacles come up every day, from accidents to weather to late loads, and we all have to make quick judgment calls all day). This role is a unique opportunity to gain a wide range of invaluable skills while working at a high performing and uniquely purposeful startup.
- Manage ~$12M P&L across a fleet of ~35+ trucks, ensuring we optimize revenue, treat drivers with respect, and minimize risk for the company
- Improve the way we do things - we’re a Series A startup and there are always better ways we can do things, we need someone who can uplevel our organization as we scale
- Manage and coach a team of dispatchers, ensuring they are confident in their roles planning routes and interacting with drivers
- Be accountable for building strong relationships with third-party vendors (e.g., brokerage firms) to ensure aifleet has a strong reputation in the industry
- Help our team evolve and scale - find projects and opportunities for us to improve efficiency and performance and make it happen!
Who (we think) You Are
While roles and priorities continue to evolve, we think you will need the following qualifications. If you feel you could drive impact in this role at aifleet and do not meet some of the following criteria, please do not hesitate to apply.
- Experience in consulting, high-growth startups, fast-evolving teams, customer service, etc.
- Experience managing a fast-paced and evolving team, with the ability to balance proactive and reactive activities
- Someone with strong and succinct communication and an ability to provide clear guidance and direction
- Ability to problem solve in an agile environment, evolving the plan based on new information and circumstances, minute to minute
- Knowledge of the trucking industry a strong plus
Benefits + Perks
All full-time employees are eligible for the following:
- A once in a career opportunity for personal and professional fulfillment in a fast-paced, high-growth, and truly low-ego work environment
- An opportunity to truly transform the lives of truck drivers across the country, and to help build a model that proves that business success and compassion are not mutually exclusive
- A flexible work culture that starts with trust, including unlimited vacation and flexible work hours
- A competitive compensation package, including salary, bonus, and stock options
- Expensed lunches in the office every. single. day 👏
- 401k // Medical // Dental // Vision
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Regular team events
- A monthly wellbeing and cell phone stipend
aifleet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.