AgriSecure, LLC (www.AgriSecure.com), is partnering with U.S. growers to transform the organic row crop, small grain and specialty crop production landscape to benefit growers, end-users, and consumers. AgriSecure has developed a proprietary platform to deliver farmers with the advice, tools, compliance assurance and innovative farm practices to maximize organic production profitability.
Despite skyrocketing demand for organic crops and 50%-200% price premiums, U.S. growers are not transitioning acres or increasing organic yields at a pace to meet domestic demand. AgriSecure is dedicated to working with clients to rapidly transition acres and capitalize on this opportunity by removing the challenges of managing complex crop, compliance, financing & marketing decisions.
AgriSecure offers the opportunity for an entrepreneurial, driven individual to help drive AgriSecure’s growth, share in our success, and help farmers prosper.
The Sales & Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving new client growth and achieving outstanding client retention working closely with the COO to develop an integrated sales & marketing plan, implement the client service plan, as well as managing and training Account Executives.
- Develop and execute an integrated sales & marketing plan to generate leads and successfully close new accounts; including a ‘hand-on’ approach to executing marketing activities such as web content development, social media, industry events, and sales support tools
- Act as a player coach to help clearly define best-practices and expectations as the team of Account Executives grows
- Lead the AE team in all respects including hiring, training and performance management
- Develop and execute rigorous initial and ongoing training in accordance with sales best practices, customer service protocols in conjunction with the leadership team
- Support AEs in delivering a consistent and high-quality experience to all clients and working with the COO to identify and develop tools and processes that can cost effectively improve the customer experience
- Lead ‘Partnership Program’ efforts to sell and engage companies serving organic farmers in sponsorship program to benefit AgriSecure clients
- Develop forecasts and manage team performance in accordance with stated business objectives
- Collaborate with leadership and sales team to identify and execute on growth opportunities and service/platform innovation opportunities
Required Background / Experience
- BS/BA required
- 3+ years of direct experience managing sales or advisory teams
- 3+ years in providing production agriculture sales, advice and/or service; with first-hand agricultural experience or organic agricultural production experience a plus
- Experience in developing and executing marketing plans, including online lead generation, industry events planning & execution,
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; with an interest in organic crop production
- Highly independent, goal-oriented and creative
- Demonstrated experience developing a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable using technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment, this is not a 9-5 job
- Willingness to travel 30% of time
Preferred characteristics/qualifications include:
- On-farm sales experience
- Experience in production agriculture and/or agronomy
- Experience utilizing social media to promote business activities