It's time to build. Whether it's creating more housing, upgrading our infrastructure, or adapting to climate change, one thing is clear: the construction industry is at the center of solving our biggest problems. We’re making buildings cheaper and easier to build by transforming the way commercial construction companies buy their materials. Join us.
Founded in 2018, Agora is now one of the fastest-growing construction technology companies in the world. Construction accounts for $10 trillion in global spend annually and we can’t live without its output - our roads, schools, hospitals, and offices. Despite this, there’s been very little innovation over the past 70 years in how materials - which constitute up to 40% of project costs - are bought and sold. This is our opportunity.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team of 5-8 engineers to scale our integrations to thousands of customers
- Own the delivery, day-to-day prioritization, and communication of your team’s efforts, including defining and enforcing quality standards for the organization and build processes to help achieve that goal
- Recruit and retain world-class engineering talent with deliberate and effective hiring strategies to effectively grow the team
- Mentor direct reports, managers, and senior ICs; build diverse and distributed teams; and create well-defined career paths for every team member
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders across the company and on the executive team to define roadmaps and technical requirements
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering leadership team
- Experience building, maintaining, and upgrading mission critical systems (5+ years as a Software Engineer)
- Proven track record of successfully managing a team of engineers (3+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager)
- Technical expertise with Typescript, GraphQL, Node, and PostgreSQL
- Well versed in hiring and growing a team(s) of engineers
- Drive to improve both technical and team processes
- Team player who enjoys learning, teaching and solving problems across platforms
- B.S./M.S. in CS or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Building external integrations to a wide-variety of 3rd party software vendors
- Working with external vendors, negotiating contracts, and forecasting technical and financial budgets
- Expertise in hiring and executing in fast-growing startups
More about Agora
Agora values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.