It's time to build. Whether it's creating more housing, upgrading our infrastructure, or adapting to climate change, one thing is clear: the construction industry is at the center of solving our biggest problems. We’re making buildings cheaper and easier to build by transforming the way commercial construction companies buy their materials. Join us.
Founded in 2018, Agora is now one of the fastest-growing construction technology companies in the world. Construction accounts for $10 trillion in global spend annually and we can’t live without its output - our roads, schools, hospitals, and offices. Despite this, there’s been very little innovation over the past 70 years in how materials - which constitute up to 40% of project costs - are bought and sold. This is our opportunity.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Playing a critical and versatile role in shipping key aspects of our application
- Being an integral part of building engineering, product, and company roadmaps
- Co-owing the delivery of a product that transforms the construction industry
- Helping grow the foundations of Agora’s engineering organization, from process, to hiring, to culture
- Proven track record of shipping quality software (3+ years professional experience preferred)
- Experience working with Typescript, React, GraphQL, Node, and PostgreSQL
- Write clean and performant code, love diving deep when necessary
- Team player who enjoys learning, teaching and solving problems across platforms
- Experience and passion for working on whatever part of the stack is necessary to solve the problem at hand
- B.S. in CS or a related field, or equivalent experience
More about Agora
Agora values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.