Our mission is simple - we’re making buildings cheaper and easier to build by transforming the way commercial construction companies buy their materials. But how we accomplish our mission is anything but simple. Every day, we’re solving complex problems that don’t come with a playbook. Sound exciting? Let’s talk.
Founded in 2018, Agora is now one of the fastest-growing construction technology companies in the world. Construction accounts for $10 trillion in global spend annually and we can’t live without its output - our roads, schools, hospitals, and offices. Despite this, there’s been very little innovation over the past 70 years in how materials - which constitute up to 40% of project costs - are bought and sold. This is our opportunity.
About the Role
We're looking for a Sr. Recruiting Manager to help us scale our Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering organizations. This role would report into the Chief Operating Officer, and will be the first Recruiting hire at the company. As such, they will be responsible for building the systems, processes, and culture that will serve as the foundation for excellence in Recruiting, while partnering with leaders across the company to meet immediate hiring goals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partner with Engineering, Sales, and other department leaders to fill open roles.
- Work alongside COO to design and implement cross-cutting recruiting processes from sourcing strategies, to candidate feedback, to offer packets.
- Implement and design processes to utilize applicant tracking system [ATS].
- Manage relationships with key 3rd-parties search firms and consultants.
- Build out the recruiting team to meet hiring goals in Q4 and beyond.
- Design best-in-class recruiting and interview process that’s followed across all searches.
- Create departmental metrics and reporting.
Agora is looking for candidates who are interested in building a world-class recruiting organization. The best candidates will bring an excitement for partnering with hiring managers to fill immediate needs, while designing and implementing an excellent recruiting process across the organization. Given our stage, our Head of Talent will have a special opportunity to have an incredible impact as we plan on doubling our team over the next 12 months.
A little about you:
- +5 yrs of recruiting experience, including +2 yrs leading recruiting at a high-growth start up.
- Demonstrated track record of and passion for building out repeatable and data-driven recruitment process.
- Experience hiring and overseeing sourcers, recruiters, and coordinators, both internally and externally.
- Passion to take a business unit from 0 to 1.
More about Agora
Agora values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.