Our mission is simple - we’re making buildings cheaper and easier to build by transforming the way commercial construction companies buy their materials. But how we accomplish our mission is anything but simple. Every day, we’re solving complex problems that don’t come with a playbook. Sound exciting? Let’s talk.
Founded in 2018, Agora is now one of the fastest-growing construction technology companies in the world. Construction accounts for $10 trillion in global spend annually and we can’t live without its output - our roads, schools, hospitals, and offices. Despite this, there’s been very little innovation over the past 70 years in how materials - which constitute up to 40% of project costs - are bought and sold. This is our opportunity.
About the job:
We empower our product teams to solve hard problems - customer problems and business problems - in ways that delight customers, yet work for our business. Our product teams are cross-functional and durable, generally composed of a product manager, a product designer, and several engineers.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to create world-class experiences that enable builders to easily procure materials they need to deliver a project. As a member of the Agora product team, you will be directly accountable for ensuring the products your team delivers are both valuable and viable.
You will contribute to your product team with:
- A deep knowledge of our users and customers and the data about how our customers engage with our products
- A solid knowledge of the various business constraints - constraints from marketing, sales, customer success, finance, and legal are typical examples
- Industry trends and the competitive landscape as they pertain to their product
We look for product managers that are not afraid of signing up for results, even if this means they have to work through others to achieve the necessary results. This means that you will need to influence your teammates, as well as colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives, through your use of data and logic.
This position reports directly into the Head of Product and has the opportunity to work remotely from a U.S. location. We are looking for someone to join our team immediately.
- 6+ years of experience working on technology-powered products.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business - engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risk, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
More about Agora
Agora values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.