Our mission is simple - we’re making buildings cheaper and easier to build by transforming the way commercial construction companies buy their materials. But how we accomplish our mission is anything but simple. Every day, we’re solving complex problems that don’t come with a playbook. Sound exciting? Let’s talk.
Founded in 2018, Agora is now one of the fastest-growing construction technology companies in the world. Construction accounts for $10 trillion in global spend annually and we can’t live without its output - our roads, schools, hospitals, and offices. Despite this, there’s been very little innovation over the past 70 years in how materials - which constitute up to 40% of project costs - are bought and sold. This is our opportunity.
About the role:
Sales Engineering at Agora is a fun, collaborative role where you'll be the architect of the deal, working with internal stakeholders to strategize about the optimal way to communicate with and land prospective customers. The role is a good fit for someone who enjoys strategical and tactical problem-solving, and enjoys finding solutions to create the desired outcome. Our key objective is to ensure every prospect sees the value in Agora, and that the customer's expectations are met in delivering this value. We do this by:
- Staying sharp: being on top of the latest product capabilities and how to demo them
- Intimate knowledge of the product roadmap: knowing where the product is today and where it's going
- Customizing the demo environment and strategy. Work with Account Executives to tailor and personalize demonstrations to the customer's use case
- Working intimately with every prospect to collect information about their business
- Standardizing data collection and lines of communication to each department
- Driving key insights to customers regarding product configuration, capabilities, and applicability
- Architecting solutions
- When there is divergence between customer requirements and/or understanding and the product, create solutions that resolve those divergences and create the desired outcome for onboarded customers, which is an excellent experience
- You have a desire to make an outsized impact and find meaning in your work
- You enjoy collaborating with others
- You are a compelling communicator and value efficient communication (concise, to the point, direct when applicable)
- You enjoy strategy and solving puzzles
- You have experience architecting and completing deals
- You are passionate about positive customer outcomes
More about Agora
Agora values diverse perspectives and is committed to building an inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.