Location: Bangkok, Thailand
We are the Design team of Agoda.com, with our Product Operations located in Bangkok, Thailand. We're proud of our own unique identity. With over 80 different nationalities, our 5,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus.
This position is based in Bangkok and open to candidates worldwide. We will assist you with visa and relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
About the job
As a design leader, you help understand, define, and drive the future of online travel. You connect the end-to-end user experience, identify and shape product strategy, continuously raise the bar for design quality, and build high performing teams of skilled designers who craft compelling experiences that deliver real value to our users.
In this role, you will manage design across multidisciplinary product teams and groups, manage and develop talented members of your team, guide research and design processes to identify customer needs and bring the voice of our customer to life, and elevate the quality of experience across channels and platforms.
You are a great design team leader who will provide leadership and direction for a team of designers. You advocate for the user and passionately promote their needs, helping your teams pull together an inspiring picture of our users to guide ongoing product development and shape early product definition and strategy. You are committed to creating simple, coherent, and elegant experiences for our users.
You are a compassionate and effective leader of leaders, and you drive operational and execution excellence through your high-performing team. You will collaborate with leaders across UX, Product, and Engineering to connect experiences across all of our products. You have excellent communication skills and will regularly partner with senior stakeholders and the leadership team, taking the time to understand not just the execution side of design, but the business aspects of the products as well.
As a Design Manager, you will:
- Provide vision and direction for a growing UX team of over 10 direct and indirect reports; leading design thinking across products, platforms, and devices.
- Manage and mentor multiple direct reports, providing leadership, direction, and mentorship to inspire and challenge them on their career path
- Build strong relationships with leaders across product teams and groups to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Help to define strategy and vision across several product teams. Partner with product teams to define objectives, scope roadmaps and decide priorities
- Be a passionate advocate for users in a fast-paced business-focused environment.
- Drive operational and execution excellence, while leading creative and holistic thinking at scale across a diverse range of products, platforms, and devices.
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that allows the product vision to be realized over time
- Proactively identify team needs (process, tooling, and documentation) to ensure the UX team is enabled to craft great experiences and have maximum impact.
- Provide indirect leadership across our broader, multi-disciplinary UX organization to guide our collective ongoing evolution of UX and organizational best practices at the company.
- Promote a user-centered design approach by educating and inspiring others throughout the business.
- Introduce new technologies, techniques and design tools to improve performance and process
- Contribute to building team culture and attracting and recruiting new candidates, building systems to evaluate and hire designers effectively
- Communicate complex design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- 10+ years’ experience in UX Design.
- 4 years of experience in people management or leading design teams - both within UX organizations and in partnership with Product and Engineering.
- Degree or higher degree in Design, HCI, Psychology, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with designing, leading and implementing UX Design projects at scale
- Experience collaborating with Product Management and Engineering counterparts.
- Fluency in roles, methods, processes and best practices for user-centered design.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
#bangkok #sydney #singapore #taipei #melbourne #hongkong #shanghai #beijing #tokyo #sanfrancisco #seattle #newyork #boston #losangeles #toronto #vancouver #chicago #sandiego #washdc #miami #austin #berlin #london #stockholm #paris #dublin #prague #amsterdam #barcelona #brussels #copenhagen #vienna #munich #oslo #madrid #milan #hamburg #helsinki #rome #budapest #warsaw #bucharest #krakow #capetown #johannesburg #ART #DSGN #IT #4 #LI-VV1