Agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. Offering over 700,000 properties in 197 different destinations in 40 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts are at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels. We employ more than 3,500 travel professionals of 70 nationalities in 35+ locations around the world. We have our operating headquarters in Bangkok, where our top team resides, and where we have more than 1500 professionals.
This role is a senior finance team member which reports to the Senior Finance Operations Manager.
The individual is responsible for managing the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams. He/She is responsible for ensuring that the teams have robust and scalable processes. This requires a constant streamlining and improving of processes to meet business needs and the identification and setting of appropriate KPI’s.
He/She should work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that Agoda’s financial transactions are accurately recorded, and comply with accounting standards, regulations, internal control policies and frameworks. It is vital for this individual to work closely with all teams within Finance.
The individual interfaces with stakeholders (including business owners, products owners, and finance leads) regularly to keep abreast of business changes and key projects. He/She may take the lead in helping to design accounting/finance processes in new projects/ new product roll-outs/new countries.
The individual should have experience in managing teams and is responsible to hire and nurture talent in Finance Operations teams.
Due to the growth plans of the company, the role may evolve over time. The candidate should be open to additional challenges and responsibilities.
This role is based in our HQ in Bangkok.
Responsibilities of the role:
The individual will:
- Manage the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams and deal with day-to-day operations
- Control all financial transactions and ensure compliance with internal controls, accounting principles and regulations ( eg SOX)
- Lend expertise and help to improve/streamline existing processes to meet business needs
- Keep abreast of strategic business projects: at times needing to take the lead in Finance to support the initiation, commencement and completion of new business projects
- Collaborate and share ideas with both business partners and internal stakeholders to create success in the area of work
- Provide regular reporting to support management decision making
- Hire and nurture talent within the Finance Operations team
Required Skills and Personal Traits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline; or an MBA
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Audit, Finance Operations, Accounting or Consulting or a related area
- Having aptitude/ experience in managing teams
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, project management skills
- Ability to think out of the box
- Attention to detail; Is data driven and process oriented
- Able to handle multiple tasks under pressure
- Solid interpersonal skills - ability to interact within a multi-disciplined finance organization/ and with other relevant stakeholders
- Good communication skills
- Adaptable and fast learner who thrives in a dynamic work environment
- A good understanding of credit card processing, internet technologies and the Online Travel space is preferred but not required.
- A project management certification is desired but not required.
**Relocation expenses will be provided for expat.**
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.