Agoda is looking for a creative, yet technical Email Project Manager to join our team and support the ideation, optimization and execution of our email products globally.
This role will be responsible for the delivery of email campaigns/products which support a mixture of wider-company initiatives, ongoing engagement metrics and maintaining/optimizing key products that drive ecommerce revenues.
The Email Project Manager will work from the strategic to production level to create segment-based emails supported by personalized content, machine-learning data and market-leading technology – come up with a great idea and see it come to life, sending to millions of customers worldwide.
Our email program is highly sophisticated, data-centric and now is a great time to inject some creative flair into this high visibility channel.
- Be curious. Look for gaps in our existing portfolio and look for creative new ways to communicate important brand messages – drive the creative team to push boundaries; benchmark key competitors, but also strive to be a category leader
- Take ownership. Manage campaigns from end to end - the daily set-up of one-time and automated email campaigns. Work with the email team to develop/optimize existing email products, manage targeting and segmentation, scheduling and deployment. Own the customer lists and ensure they remain clean, optimized and active
- Think ahead. Manage the ongoing email calendar to document and schedule all email communications delivered globally
- Look for opportunities. Optimize key metrics including CTR, open rates, and sales.
- Design new email templates to address key business needs
- Act fast. Champion email best practices, industry trends, and ensure these are translated into tangible ideas and department frameworks
- Test, test and test some more. Develop an ongoing and detailed AB testing plan to help the continuous improvement of key email metrics from deliverability to open rates, from bookings to monthly engaged users
- You’re an ideas-person, balancing creative flair and sound commercial sense
- You’ve done it before (3+ years of digital experience) and have a proven track record of delivering projects in the marketing space (email, SEO and user-retention programs etc.)
- You’re technical enough to discuss flows, logic and data with IT geeks, but you don’t let it overpower your creative edge and customer-focused approach
- You can think at scale and deliver translatable ideas that work across languages, cultures and in the digital age, different devices
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, business, or other related field.
- At least 3 year’s relevant work experience in email or content marketing
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use data to develop and measure marketing campaigns. You must be very comfortable using data to make recommendations and drive decisions.
- Experience with HTML
- Experience working with enterprise email platforms like Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Send Grid, Marketo or Vertical Response
- Sound knowledge of email best practices, industry trends, and CAN-SPAM laws.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel – VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables should be second-nature
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Solid project management skills
Experience using SQL and similar queries to analyze data (an advantage)