Agoda is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing online travel agents. Coming from over 70+ countries, our 5,000-plus person team is young, energetic, and hyper-focused on every detail of the travel experience. Our parent company, Booking Holdings, owns several other premier travel brands, including Booking.com, Priceline.com, Kayak, and OpenTable.com, making us the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. But the group is focused on entrepreneurialism, and each brand operates independently, allowing us to experiment and move fast.
We think of Data Science in Agoda differently. For us, a data scientist is a fusion of core production skills with analytic and business skills. We’ve brought top talents from (literally) all over the world who focus relentlessly on building products which utilize ML and AI as their main edge. We know that when you infuse ML and technology, you move from good to great and that is our mission. Our Data Science managers are action driven leaders that can form vivid vision and successfully direct their people to execute it while being strongly rooted in the details and practice.
As a Data Science Manager, you will:
Drive the growth of your team and build a diverse, entrepreneurial team. You are a developer of people. You love leading diverse teams of professionals with both qualitative and quantitative backgrounds using data-driven and insights-led approaches to respond quickly in a dynamic, competitive, and fast changing industry.
Get your hands dirty. Tackle complex problems in the online travel and ecommerce space using a range of ML and data analysis methods. Use our huge data repositories to push our business metrics to their bounds, directly and indirectly. Foster a culture that constantly raises the bar for us and others and supports the freedom to explore and innovate.
Work on tough problems. Can we detect causation between metrics and bookings? How can automatically answer our users’ questions? How do we tune our AB testing platform to ensure we aren’t optimizing noise? How do we measure experiment success to properly trade off type I and II errors? What is the ideal caching strategy for prices and how do build an ML model to implement it? How can you detect anomalies within more than one million time-series that we track daily? Can you separate between bots and human traffic? Can you make our across-data-centers replication into smart replication using ML models? These are just a few of the diverse questions we tackle and some which you will lead your team to crack. You will be impacting every aspect of the business and it will require various techniques, from diving deep into data with SQL and Big Data tools, all the way to deploying modern machine learning models.
Deliver results. Work directly with the heads of the business departments and the product management team. Influence them with compelling product ideas based on data insights that can move the dial on our business.
Work in one of Asia’s most vibrant cities. Bangkok provides a setting like no other: edgy, luxurious, impossibly sensorial, endlessly layered. The perfect junction of a globally minded career and the heart of Asian travel.
What you’ll get the chance to do
- Balance quantitative data analyses with qualitative user insights to uncover how our users book travel to drive new and existing product impact.
- Build, validate, test, and deploy machine learning or other data science models to predict and influence the behavior of consumers with the goal of optimizing products & processes.
- Test and validate insights via rapid experimentation and deployment.
- Interface with business/operation teams and key stakeholders at all levels to formulate solutions & product changes informed by your findings.
- Leverage data to help the business answer questions around further expansion, products, process optimization, cost optimization, customer acquisition/retention/churn and any other business goals that can be addressed through data insights.
- Form strong, cross-functional relationships with designers, product managers, software developers, and marketers who build, design, and optimize our technology and tools.
What you bring
- Vast analytical problem-solving capabilities & experience.
- Experience in leading a team of both researchers and analysts preferably in an ecommerce, tech, banking, advertising or management consulting environment.
- Statistical knowledge and extreme proficiency in SQL. Comfortable with R, Python and Tableau. Experience with big data technologies (Hadoop/Vertica) is a plus.
- Strong understanding and implementation experience of predictive modeling algorithms such as regressions, time series, neural networks, clustering, decision trees and heuristic models, with familiarity dealing with tradeoffs between model performance and business needs.
- Experience combining user research and data science methodologies across multiple products and teams.
- Experience with research applications pertaining to user experience, marketing, and market insights.
- Fantastic communication skills that enable you to work cross-functionally with product managers, tech geeks and design gurus, building solid relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- The ability to convey complex solutions to a less technical person.
- Bias for action.
- Advanced degree (MSc/PhD) in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Operations Research, Physics or Mathematics/Statistics preferred.
Agoda is a Booking Holdings (BKNG) company, the world’s leading provider of brands that help people book great experiences through technology.
#sanfrancisco #sanjose #losangeles #sandiego #oakland #miami #orlanda #boston #seattle #newyork #telaviv #manchester #london #liverpool #york #dublin #sydney #melbourne #IT #4 #LI-JA1