Are you looking for a unique opportunity to work at the cutting edge of marketing optimization? Would you want to work in a rapidly growing company with some of the sharpest minds in the industry? How about living in one of the world’s most beautiful countries, one top-rated by expats? Then Agoda is the place for you!
Agoda is an online hotel and accommodation booking website part of the Booking Holdings Group (alongside Kayak, booking.com, rentalcars.com, and others), which is by far the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. The best part is that each brand operates independently, meaning we have the resources of a big enterprise, but the mentality of an entrepreneurial startup.
What do product owners in marketing love about Agoda?
- You decide the roadmap and there’s virtually no red tape to get it approved. Have a crazy idea that you think will move the dial? Start engineers working on it tomorrow. We are very fast-movingand entrepreneurial.
- Agoda has an unlimited marketing budget because we operate against profitability constraints. That means your tests run fast and at massive scale.
- We run one of the most sophisticated marketing engines in the world, praised by partners like Google and TripAdvisor. We eat technology, complex systems and machine learning for breakfast.
- Agoda attracts top talent from brands like Google, Microsoft and Amazon, which means you’re learning from the best.
We operate at massive scale!
- +1 billion keywords across a dozen search engines
- 600 million bids updated daily using machine learning algorithms
- Millions of ads created programmatically across 50 languages every day
- Hundreds of millions spent in performance marketing every year
- Over 120 million SEO-optimized landing pages
What’s the work like?
The product team at Agoda is the company’s engine for innovation, and in marketing, we’re at the cutting edge, making extensive use of data science and machine learning. We are responsible for defining and executing on a roadmap, as well as communicating our vision to senior management. A product owner is the CEO of his or her product, operating with considerable autonomy. We are typically in charge of a specific set of marketing products, whether SEO, pricing optimization, email systems, affiliate tools, landing pages, bidding algorithms, search advertising automation, and many others.
Product owners in marketing work very closely with business owners in the marketing department, who are our counterparts. With them, we share revenue-driven KPIs and a drive to achieve them by experimenting and innovating our way to growth.
Product owners can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology – all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer. And, you get to live in Thailand!
Agoda covers expenses related to getting a work permit, visa and relocating your family and belongings to Bangkok.
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Lead company-wide product innovation in a specific area of marketing by owning the vision and roadmap and defining KPIs for that area. Relentlessly prioritize innovations to achieve growth goals
- Communicate your vision extensively with stakeholders across the organization, particularly in the marketing department
- Closely manage a sprint team of engineers and often data scientists to execute on the roadmap. Write detailed user stories in consultation with UX specialists, designers, and analysts
- Act quickly on trends and opportunities by staying up to date on an extremely dynamic and competitive industry
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience managing marketing campaigns or building products and technologies that power them, preferably at a large-scale ecommerce company
- Extremely comfortable with data and analysis. Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Passion for rapidly designing and building projects, then A/B testing their success
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Ability to motivate and inspire engineering teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- MBA, advanced math or engineering degree
- Experience with emerging data-mining technology, machine learning or data science
- Able to design large data structures and write complex SQL queries