Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe.
Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG), Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 4,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter. At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join us as Payroll accounting Analyst. This role will be based in our Bangkok office and will report directly to our Payroll accounting team lead. In this role, the ideal candidate will provide exceptional support to the Payroll and Finance teams by preparing all transactional and accrual journal entries, reconciling payroll and stock related GL accounts and driving forward projects as needed. This candidate will also provide crucial support to standardize and optimize the global payroll accounting function.
- Assist Payroll accounting team lead in performing month end activities which includes: preparation of accounting journal entries, reconciliation of payroll transactions and funding forecast in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare payroll analysis to support team’s project and decision making
- Work with Payroll operations team to ensure accurate vendor billing
- Liaise with vendors, take proactive action to ensure payroll transactions are in order.
- Investigate and reconcile any payroll discrepancies
- Work with key partners to recommend improvements and process enhancements
Agoda is a dynamic and fast-changing environment. We expect the person in this role to be flexible in his or her understanding of the role and to be able and willing to adapt, to add additional areas of focus, and to respond to changing organizational needs, viewing them as an opportunity to grow and develop a varied portfolio of career skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; major in Accounting and Finance highly desirable
- Candidate at least 2 years of experience in performing Accounting or Finance functions
- Thai national with excellent communication skills. Fluency in English required; knowledge of additional languages a plus
- Expertise in Excel; good, working proficiency in related programs
- High level of discretion, confidentiality, and ethics
- Strong interest in team capability building and sharing knowledge with others
- Ability to work well with employees in a highly multi-cultural environment
- Ability to cope well with ambiguity and change
- Humility, flexibility, good interpersonal skills a must
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
#HR #ACCT #2 #LI-NS2 #kualalumpur #manila