This role is based at Bangkok, Thailand.
Agoda is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing online travel agents. Coming from over 70+ countries, our 4,000-plus person team is young, energetic, and hyper-focused on every detail of the travel experience. Our parent company, Booking Holdings, owns several other premier travel brands, including Booking.com, Priceline.com, Kayak, and OpenTable.com, making us the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. But the group is focused on entrepreneurialism, and each brand operates independently, allowing us to experiment and move fast.
Experimentation is at the core of Agoda’s culture and has always been the secret to our success. It’s impossible to overstate the importance of experimentation to Agoda in terms of contribution to our overall strategy, core business optimization, and resource allocation.
The Head of Experimentation will work with a team of data scientists for advanced research, and engineers to execute their vision end-to-end. You will be responsible from the research phase all the way through to execution through product enhancement.
Experimentation at Agoda drives relentless innovation required to stay ahead in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry. You will need to see the big picture and the small detail at the same time. You will understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive environment, spot trends and technical developments and update the research and product roadmap as needed.
You will need to understand various ecommerce metrics and concepts across all functions very well – conversion, revenue, profit, repeat rates, ROI, site performance metrics, and behavioral metrics.
Experimentation is responsible for linear improvements in practices and processes, to help the entire company become ever more efficient. You will also be responsible for exponential improvements through research and implementation of yet-undiscovered methodologies.
A successful Head of Experimentation will:
- change or enhance Senior Management’s understanding of our business
- drive corporate strategy through continuous insights
- improving our systems and practices in experiment-heavy product teams such as pricing, bidding and frontend
- be responsible for further establishing an experiment-driven culture
- introducing experimentation to include more parts of the business such as supply, internal platforms, payments, customer service and others.
This role requires strong communication skills particularly upward with C-level management, as well as into the product organization since changing product KPIs, best practices, and day-to-day life will be commonplace.
In summary, the Head of Experimentation can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, big, very-big, and not-so-big data, algorithmic decision-making – all while driving change at a fast-paced, rapid growth tech company.
This role is based at Bangkok, Thailand – a top-rated destinations for expats with modernity, affordability, and beautiful beaches.
- Leading company-wide product innovation in experimentation
- Help Senior Management in key decisions regarding investment, resource allocation, and strategy
- Defining KPIs for all projects and evaluating the success of teams and product verticals
- Evaluating risks and tradeoffs associated with each course of action
- Working closely with users to ensure all projects meet business needs.
- Extremely comfortable with data. Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making, be able to write complex SQL queries.
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at driving and managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- Knowledge & understanding of statistics. The ability to challenge & drive high performance from data scientists
- Experience implementing innovative ideas or products in complex organization
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Exact science degree – a must
- Advanced degrees in exact science - advantage
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Continuous learning, unlearning, and relearning mindset
- Hands-on mentality
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and consensual approach
- Highly skilled in training and coaching others
- Highly ethical
- Sense of humor
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Visa/Work Permit and Relocation will be offered to the eligible candidate.