Are you looking for a unique opportunity to work at the cutting edge of travel technology? Would you want to work in a rapidly growing company with some of the sharpest minds in the industry? How about living in one of the world’s most beautiful countries, one top-rated by expats? Then Agoda is the place for you!
This role is based in our Bangkok, Thailand office.
Agoda is an online hotel and accommodation booking website part of the Priceline Group (alongside Kayak, booking.com, rentalcars.com, and others), which is by far the largest and fastest growing travel portfolio in the world. The best part is that each brand operates independently, meaning we have the resources of a big enterprise, but the mentality of an entrepreneurial startup.
Connectivity is at the core of several companywide strategic initiatives with revenue impact in the billions of dollars, and you will need to have strong business acumen together with a track record of leading the vision and roadmap of major cross functional initiatives. Importantly, you’ve had prior experience working with software development scrum teams in an agile environment, ideally working with external facing APIs.
An Agoda Product Owner can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology – all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
- Leading company-wide product innovation focused on accommodation supply
- Converting strategic goals into operational tasks, and working engineering teams to achieve them
- Managing implementation of connectivity API projects with leading suppliers such as chains, channel managers and other OTAs
- Making proposals to senior management regarding implications of proposed plans
- Defining KPIs for all projects and evaluating the success of a project
- Evaluating risks and tradeoffs associated with each course of action
- Working closely, and acting as a focal point across all key stakeholders – internal and external – to ensure all projects meet business needs
- Reviewing with strategic supply partners the success of the partnership on a regular basis, and drive incremental business through product enhancement
- Highly organized and comfortable with making tough prioritization decisions. Able to effectively keep track of moving parts across projects, and adapt to new information and goals. Prior success in managing complex projects.
- Proven ability to manage multi-stakeholder software development or implementation projects in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Extremely comfortable with data and analysis. Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- 5+ years of experience in roles demonstrating above qualities
- Experience with or knowledge about XML, high volume APIs would be beneficial
- MBA or advanced Math, Computer Science or Statistics degree preferred
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Hands-on mentality
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses
- Process oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on relevant global trends
- Collaborative and approach
- Highly ethical
- Sense of humor, humility