**This role will be based in Bangkok**
Agoda is transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe.
Headquartered in Asia, Agoda is one of the world’s largest online travel accommodation platforms. Founded in 2005 and now part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG), Agoda has a network of over 2,000,000 vacation rentals and hotels worldwide. Our web and mobile products provide a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best deals for business and leisure travelers. Agoda employs over 5,000 professionals from 70 nationalities in locations around the globe. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter. At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
As Manager of Disputes and Chargebacks, you will be the authority on disputes, chargebacks, scheme rules and strategy and will help build, grow and lead an operations team. The role is responsible for providing guidance within the organization and to affiliates pertaining to the chargeback process as well as expert advice on optimal strategy and execution to make recoveries. In addition, the role requires working closely with Finance, Risk, Fraud, Legal and Product teams to ensure a seamless experience during the chargeback process.
This position is open to both local and international candidates with relocation support available for eligible candidates to help ensure a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
What you have to do:
- Provide strategic insights continually improving the process and team
- Develop top-tier operational practices, optimizing against efficiency, recovery rates, quality, partner experience and overall operational excellence
- Play a role in long-term risk strategy and planning and provide expert advice on optimal fraud related chargebacks
- Develop and analyze operational and support metrics to measure the performance of the team
- Coach and mentor team members with a focus on professional development and upstream thinking
- Utilize product and industry knowledge while serving as a strong cross-functional leader
- Develop and lead end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of critical risk initiatives
- Scale the Disputes team by capitalizing on opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop a team of agents as needed who perform a range of key functions including clearly communicating with partners, affiliates via email, phone, CRM tools to reach case resolution
What you should have:
- BA/BS degree – other advanced degrees and chargeback / dispute related courses a plus
- Ideally 5+ years of experience working in chargeback resolution, or collections services
- Knowledge of scheme rules, processes, chargebacks as well as VCC operations from an issuer and acquirer perspective
- Experience leading teams and projects
- Skilled at building relationships with leaders as well as technical teams to drive results
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members within the organization
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and an ability to work independently
- Excellent analytical and communication skills. SQL and Tableau skills an added advantage.
- The ability to influence and inspire others
- Creative problem solving abilities and a passion for innovation
- Experience building and scaling operations, particularly in a fast-paced startup or tech environment. Hospitality sector experience an added advantage.
**This role will be based in Bangkok**
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement. (link to https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/)
#LI-SS2 #4 #FIN #newdelhi #singapore #london #abudhabi