Help design the future of Agoda. We are looking for thoughtful, extremely talented designers (and design thinkers) to join our team and help us fundamentally shape the vision of our product. We want you to play a major role in building a design driven culture.
We only scratched the surface. The online travel industry is extremely dynamic and competitive space. Our aim is to deliver compelling designs that create a world-class customer experience. You will have a key role in defining the future of our products that reach millions of customers. Despite our size, we operate in a startup-like environment.
Work in Asia’s most vibrant city. Bangkok provides a setting like no other: edgy, luxurious, impossibly sensorial, endlessly layered. The perfect junction of a globally-minded career and the heart of Asian travel. You will learn and expand your skills as a designer by applying your craft.
What we’re looking for
You will establish a shared vision, creating compelling stories and setting a world class creative direction for our mobile apps platform. You will inspire the teams around you, leading by example and becoming a mentor and role model for your fellow designers. You hold the highest craft principles, inspiring teams around you with outstanding design solutions.
You are passionate about developing design strategies, based off of insights of real people, you have the mastery of craft to turn these insights into beautifully designed products and inspires the organization by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built.
- Lead design visions across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate. You create multiple ideas and use creative storytelling techniques to inspire teams around you.
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Work across multiple teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to inspire and develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Be hands-on with the work. Conceptualize, execute, and steward product experiences across multiple business areas
- Advocate for systems thinking, create northstar vision, sketch, wireframe, create mockups/prototypes that help the team go quickly from concept to execution
- Grow, lead and mentor a team of product designers
- Can think at all layers, from product (system) design, to interaction, to beautiful pixels
- Demonstrated success in designing and delivering compelling products in a high growth, fast pace rapidly changing environment
- Sell design strategy and conceptual ideas and rationale to senior executives, demonstrating how design solutions achieve measurable business results and engage and delight our customers
- Collaborative mindset and interest in working with product and engineering teams to build and ship products
- You have at least 10+ years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies and 3+ years of design leadership experience at a technology or consumer experience
- You are an incredible designer with amazing design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- Deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android design and other mobile platform designs, including Google’s material design.
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use-cases and user interaction, including happy path, edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life. You have the ability to communicate with cross functional teams, PMs, Designers and Engineering teams.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- An online portfolio or samples of work that demonstrate experience delivering high-quality mobile app/web products in an agile environment
- Proven experience growing and leading multi-disciplinary design teams
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with fluency in English
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction (HCI) or related design discipline
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement. (link to https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/)
#bangkok #sydney #singapore #taipei #melbourne #hongkong #shanghai #beijing #tokyo #sanfrancisco #seattle #newyork #boston #losangeles #toronto #vancouver #chicago #sandiego #washdc #miami #austin #berlin #london #stockholm #paris #dublin #prague #amsterdam #barcelona #brussels #copenhagen #vienna #munich #oslo #madrid #milan #hamburg #helsinki #rome #budapest #warsaw #bucharest #krakow #capetown #johannesburg #luxembourg #ART #DSGN #IT #4 #LI-VV1